Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser

Article about: Hello, Was interested in maybe purchasing this RAD Officer's Cap by Mayser. Pictures for your opinions & review below. What do you think? Sweatband is a little weathered but overall she

?

Default RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser

Hello,

Opinions on this CAP?

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser   RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser  

RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser   RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser
    P
    Many

badge looks a bit rough otherwise imo ok.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    badge looks a bit rough otherwise imo ok.
    Agreed. Is this a rarer example cap made up in a four pieced crowned heavy Tricot wool? The RAD wire and silk embroidered insignia badge does leave something to be desired. Were they all this rough?

Here are a couple other examples I came across that seem to be embroidered better and doesn't look like a hand stitch job. The one on the cap is a little rough for my liking. I am pretty sure it is period done but I am not a huge fan? Am I being too picky? or Critical?

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser   RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser  

Attached Images Attached Images RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser 

Hat appears to be a wartime example.
    The pre-war Mayser Officer hats have a silk lining and leather sweatband.
    The RAD hats w/o the 4-panel construction are rarer than the ones that have it.

Condition is rough for my taste as well, but condition is in the eye of the beholder.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

A nice cap... It has been sitting for awhile looking for a home... That being said, I would have thought that for the price or a little extra, a better example could be found. I sometimes purchase an example of a lesser desirable buckle ( RAD ) until a better identical one is up for sale... But I am shelling out "Peanuts" in the price range compared to caps... JMO TC Kirk
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

While salty on the inside it still is pretty solid and looks good on the outside even with a rough insignia. Depends on the price I guess.

But isn't your mannequin an enlisted man?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    While salty on the inside it still is pretty solid and looks good on the outside even with a rough insignia. Depends on the price I guess.

But isn't you mannequin an enlisted man?
    Yes but we may need to outfit my rad officer's hewer and rad officers belt and buckle with a tunic and cap don't you think? Whew! 995.00 for this one is just a no go for this soldier. I will hold out for a better example and a better price.

?

The Tuchmitze was worn by officer ranks and would be accompanied with a tunic of officer stature.. This tunic probably dates to 1935-1937 IMO... The hand embroidered insignia was as unique as to the person sewing.... Again JMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Officer's Robin Hood by Mayser  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Ruptured Duck has one (same maker but machine embroidered emblem) for 10% more but with a solid sweat band.......appears to be near mint condition
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ruptured Duck has one (same maker but machine embroidered emblem) for a 10% more but with a solid sweat band.......appears to be near mint condition
    Just don't know if I can pay that. Whew!