Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAF-waffe Cap!

Article about: Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? My mate picked it up, and was told by the seller that it was a liberated RAF cap, that a luftwaffe pilot has converted. I've never seen anythi

Default RAF-waffe Cap!

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? My mate picked it up, and was told by the seller that it was a liberated RAF cap, that a luftwaffe pilot has converted.

I've never seen anything like it in my life!!! Does anyone know what the skull is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF-waffe Cap!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAF-waffe Cap!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: RAF-waffe Cap!

Fantasytastic.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

ian
    ?

hi Woody how are you mate ,well the cap?well its erm..... blue ,with a black stickyoutythingy on the front and its eeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm
    yea ,i could talk about these rare items for hours you know
    hope the information was helpfull LOL cheers to you mate ian
    you made my day showing this ,can i save the pic

Thanks for your input zwerge.... Very helpful!

Just to clear something up here... I'm not trying to pass this off as authentic, i'm simply curious about these type of things, and the happenings of enemy equipment being used by the other side.

ian
    ?

sorry woody just my squadie humer coming out,i hope you see the funny side
    well yes i supose stranger things have happend ,but im not sure the german regs would allow it the skull? no idea (its still damn funny though)sorry mate
    mabe there is a precedent for it im sure some one here will be able to help you
    im finding this almost imposable to right tears roling down my face
    oh god im sorry i should not have answered this thread ,please dont hate me

ian
    ?

sorry Woody missunderstood you completely
    cheers ian

Its an O/R cap by the look of it as well.
    I cant believe it was acceptable to his CO. So I don't think this is would be used it's probably been made a Fancy Dress Item, I have no experience of this happening, I do know when I was a baby soldier I lost my new Kevlar battle bowler and acquired a new one from the local Americans and received a right royal dressing down.. Happy days!

dont let the buggers get you down mate i used a ww11 camo german field cap when we chilling out had it passed down to me by another sniper and you always see pics of ww11 blokes picking up the better equipment of the dead lads as to your hat nice idea its very possible it happened even if he only wore it in the mess after sorties over blighty but the skull is soooo wrong .

ian
    ?

hi woody on the serious side of your question the use of enamy fire arms and equiptment has historicly led to many friendly fire incedents, when i have bin debriefd after a fire fight they always ask the same questions and most soldiers/contractors will be asked the same "what made you decide between friend and foe"? well millie second desition based on vission of 1 whats on his head 2 what weapon is he carrying ,that is a common answer
    so if you know your team is carrying m4s and you see an ak47 then BANG
    so imagine the potencial disaster if one of your team has picked up an AK
    strangely uniform comes low on the usual answers to the initial question
    it allways head and weapon in that order
    i know the germans during the war used russiaan submachine guns a lot but i wander how many friendly fire incedents happend in the ereana of split second decision
    and just imagine what would happen to a british soldier daft inof to use a german helmet cheerrs ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast