Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:

Article about: Here is a hat from the DLV, the immediate precursor to the Luftwaffe made by Erel. Note the DVS logo, and the Voss Str. address: (I still kick myself for not buying this hat when I had the c

?

Default Re: Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:

Some items of interest on ebay.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:   Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  

Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:
    P
    Many

?

I really like this example because if you notice, the silver foil print is an early Peter Küpper design but instead of the Peküro or Peküro-Mütze trademark text, it just has "Wasserdichte" instead but in the same angled underlined style of later designs. There are so many variations of Küpper logo design, it's fascinating.

Or maybe not!

He takes some good pics of his wares:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:   Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  

Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:   Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Interesting material. The secret organizations that pre dated the revelation of the Luftwaffe in 1935 are very well treated in the historical literature. They are not thus in the coffee table and 08/15 English language collector book, but if you want suggestions of what to read, I can make them, surely. The Verkaufsabteilung d. Lw in the Vosstrasse was torn down to build Speer's Neue Reichskanzlei. There were other noteworthy buildings in the Vossstrasse prior to this event, as well.

F-B, unfortunately not in english.

The above hat is a bit of a conundrum, as it appears to be late 30's in terms of manufacture and insignia. Must be the use of left-over stock by the maker in terms of the sweatdiamond. Eagle is not a droop-tail, which is what I would expect of a circa 1935 hat.

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I will find some titles in English. The Lw cap you post is a beauty. I am sure it is from 1935-1936, and I am surely of the opinion that insignia got replaced in the normal course of things. I have always loved Lw officer caps, and they were much more expensive and elegant than the black woolens I collect.
    Very nice thread of high merit, indeed.

?

Very interesting to see these rare visors!

?

It quite matches your avatar pic in some ways... were you able to purchase the badge ?? G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2