Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:

Article about: Here is a hat from the DLV, the immediate precursor to the Luftwaffe made by Erel. Note the DVS logo, and the Voss Str. address: (I still kick myself for not buying this hat when I had the c

?

Default Re: Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:

Rare cap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:
    P
    Many

Quote by stonemint View Post
    This is a lapel pin from the DVS (and my avatar). It is an eagle approaching the sun, with the latin motto "Nec Soli Cedit", which roughly means "I will not yield to the sun." (this was also the motto of Franz Ferdinand I):
    Actually, it dates back even further: It was the motto of the "Soldier King" Frederick William I. of Prussia, deliberately chosen to "counter" the motto of the "Sun King" Louis XIV of France "Nec pluribus impar".
    Last edited by HPL2008; 12-11-2011 at 07:18 PM.

?

first one i ever saw, great history, thanks

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Actually, it dates back even further: It was the motto of the "Soldier King" Frederick William I. of Prussia, deliberately chosen to "counter" the motto of the "Sun King" Louis XIV of France "Nec pluribus impar".
    Thanks for that, HPL--now the Imperial motto makes sense!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is a goblet from the DVS dated 1932:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:   Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  

Here is a hat from the DLV, the immediate precursor to the Luftwaffe made by Erel. Note the DVS logo, and the Voss Str. address:

(I still kick myself for not buying this hat when I had the chance)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:   Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  

Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:   Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  

Here is a another hat demonstrating the lineage between the DVS & the Luftwaffe. Note that this also has the Voss Str. DVS Verkaufsabteilung logo.

(DavidSW collection)

Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  

Here is a strange one on Ebay right now. Is is a TR-era Feuerwehr cap with an odd badge that says "DVS GIE". Could be for a Fliegerhorstfeuerwehrmann at a DVS facility:
    Attached Images Attached Images Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?:  Rarest of the Luftwaffe-Related Visors?: 

KSH
    ?

Thank you, Chris for creating this thread and for maintaining it. The connections (and transitions) pertaining to the DVS, the DLV and the Luftwaffe are most fascinating and not something one gets to read a whole lot about on discussion forums. What is especially rewarding for me here is your illustration of these connections by showing us the period Schirmmützen that the personnel affiliated with the DVS and the DLV wore. The period 1918-1933 is one of the most defining in modern German history - yet strangely it has become the unimportant "middle age" between the Great War and the Second World War for many collectors, akin to how the thinkers of the Renaissance spoke about the stretch of time between themselves and the civilizations of antiquity as "the Dark Ages", the middle ages.

I am always glad to see that I am not alone in having interest in such matters.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

Quote by KSH View Post
    Thank you, Chris for creating this thread and for maintaining it. The connections (and transitions) pertaining to the DVS, the DLV and the Luftwaffe are most fascinating and not something one gets to read a whole lot about on discussion forums. What is especially rewarding for me here is your illustration of these connections by showing us the period Schirmmützen that the personnel affiliated with the DVS and the DLV wore. The period 1918-1933 is one of the most defining in modern German history - yet strangely it has become the unimportant "middle age" between the Great War and the Second World War for many collectors, akin to how the thinkers of the Renaissance spoke about the stretch of time between themselves and the civilizations of antiquity as "the Dark Ages", the middle ages.

I am always glad to see that I am not alone in having interest in such matters.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    Kenneth, thanks for the kind words. I try to educate in my posts--I am glad someone appreciates my interest in this very obscure flieger-related organisation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast