Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: SS-KZ Schirmmütze

Article about: Here is one more that will certainly not be forgotten - a fellow moderator will undoubtedly recall it's presence, I'm sure. I often wonder whatever came of it . . . to my recollection, after

There are those of you very much at home with picture research in camps and such, and I cannot say it is my metier.

Does someone have more data on this picture than the global Bundesarchiv source?Re: SS-KZ Schirmmütze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Re: SS-KZ Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Indeed, the topography around Mauthausen looks like the scene in said image, but so do thousands of other locales in Germany and Austria or Czechia and so forth.

CBH
    ?

I'm unfamiliar with the location, I simply wanted to point out the fact that they seem to be the same location.

Maybe Carl might be of help.

Quote by CBH View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with the location, I simply wanted to point out the fact that they seem to be the same location.

Maybe Carl might be of help.
    Thanks. The issue here is whether there are revealing photos in this series together with these two men with any clues as to personality, place and time.

I rather think they can indeed be of camp personnel, since there is little evidence of combat on them, but they could also be from a Ersatz Waffen SS unit and
    be from the combat arms, as well. I am being a contrarian, since, say, the Waffen SS had a huge rear area presence in Czechia and so forth.

Carl is the man in this kind of thing, as is Mr. d'Alquen and so forth.

This man here likely has a cap with white piping and the brown Waffenfarbe, and he was definitely in service at Mauthhausen.Re: SS-KZ Schirmmütze

I bought a photo volume a decade and more ago at Mauthhausen with this man's image, and it is also in the Bundesarchiv series of Mauthhausen images which are legion,
    also with Eigruber and Himmler enjoying their ill gotten gain and human misery.Re: SS-KZ SchirmmützeRe: SS-KZ Schirmmütze

He sure has the face for the barbaric role he must have played, it reminds me of this.

Re: SS-KZ SchirmmützeRe: SS-KZ Schirmmütze
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Muench's Scream is appropriate for a lot of what goes on in these spaces, that's for sure.

Thanks.

?

I think its entirely possible that there did originally exist a few brown-piped KZ caps, but I've never seen one I felt comfortable with. I believe colour-piped caps may have been privately procured by some both after and perhaps even before the six month window allowed by the regulations...

Quote by Arran View Post
    I think its entirely possible that there did originally exist a few brown-piped KZ caps, but I've never seen one I felt comfortable with. I believe colour-piped caps may have been privately procured by some both after and perhaps even before the six month window allowed by the regulations...
    Here speaks a voice of authority versus the all too common wish as father to the dream and so forth drivel which is the norm on websites.

The six month "window" as you call it weighs far too much in the contemporary analysis and far too little of the actual rigors of the textile trade at the time,
    i.e. the Reichskleiderkarte and so forth.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3