Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books

Article about: This is the grand-daddy of all headgear reference books: "Collectors Guide: German Relics, Supplement 2: Headgear" by Stan Bozich. Almost all the hats are from the Bob Coleman coll

Default Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books

This is the grand-daddy of all headgear reference books: "Collectors Guide: German Relics, Supplement 2: Headgear" by Stan Bozich. Almost all the hats are from the Bob Coleman collection, from that groovy year of 1967 ("It's hip; it's now; it's what's happening!")
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books
    P
    Many

Mutzen Von Staat & Partei 1933- 1945 by Nimmergut (1978)

This book is in a small paperback format with line drawings of hats and insignia (they are well done)
    It is in German, but most of it is rather easy to understand.
    It breaks down headgear by each organisation:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books   Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  

Last edited by stonemint; 05-06-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Les Coiffures Militaires Du Troisieme Reich by Richard de Filippi (1980)

This is a sentimental favorite of mine, as it was the first book on headgear I ever owned.
    It is in a large format, with color photos of all type of TR headgear.
    A lot of the photos are life-size, and the book is supported by rare period photos of headgear in wear.
    It is in French, but the text is minimal, as it is a coffee-table book.
    (It is long out of print, but is commonly available on Ebay)
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 

Next up is "Dress and Field Service Hats of the Third Reich" by the late Tom Shutt (1981).

This was the first color book on headgear in English, and is like the De Filippi book in terms of presentation (but the photos are smaller). It is also supported by period photos, and does have some photos of interiors.

This book is also long out of print, but can still be found on Ebay.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books   Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  

The next headgear-specific book to be released was in 1989, when our own Wim Saris launched the "gold standard" of headgear reference books, Vol. 1 of "Headgear of Hitler's Germany."

These are in English, and are published by Bender Publishing.
    They are literally indespensible if you are going to seriously collect TR soft headgear.
    It is also out of print, but commonly available on Ebay.

Volume 1 covers the Heer, Luftwaffe, & Kriegsmarine:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 

Vol. 2 came out in 1992. It covers the following: Waffen SS; Legion Condor; Air, Veteran's & Patriotic Struggle Organizations; and the Freikorps.
    It is also OOP, but can still be found on the web:
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 

Vol. 3 came out in 1998. It covers the NSDAP (party); Hitler's headgear; the SA; DAF (Deutsches Arbeitsfront); and NS Frauenschaft:

Vol. 4 came out in 2005. It covers the SS; NSKK; & NSAK (the predecessor to the NSKK).
    It is still available from Bender Publishing:
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 

Volume 5 came out in 2012. It covers the following: RAD, NSFK, wartime NSKK units; the FAD; & the Arbeitseinsatzverwaltung:
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 

"German Headgear in World War II: Army/Luftwaffe/Kriegsmarine: A Photographic Study of German Hats and Helmets" was released in 1997.
    It is a coffee-table book, in that it has minimal text.
    It makes for a terrific complement to Wim's books above.
    (It also has interior photos of almost every piece of headgear).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast