Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books

Article about: This is the grand-daddy of all headgear reference books: "Collectors Guide: German Relics, Supplement 2: Headgear" by Stan Bozich. Almost all the hats are from the Bob Coleman coll

Volume 2 of the above series covers the Waffen- & Allgemeine SS; Political Organisations; & civil (police, Teno, Bahnschutz, etc). Some nice close-ups of one of Goering's hats are included.
    The books are still in print to this day.
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books
    P
    Many

"The Collector’s Guide to Cloth Third Reich Military Headgear" by Gary Wilkins came out in 2002.
    It was revolutionary in that it focused on specific makers and their respective manufacturing techniques. (There was supposed to be a Vol.2, but Gary got burn-out writing Vol 1).
    Another indispensible book:
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 

"Au Service du Troisieme Reich" came out in 2007.

It is a medium sized book (with all text in French).
    All photos are in color, and are supported by period photos (a lot of which I had not seen before).
    It is nicely done from a graphic-design perspective.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  

"The Collector's Guide to Cloth Headgear of the Allgemeine & Waffen SS" came out in 2009.

It is a large format book with color photos of all types of headgear worn by the SS.
    It is still in print today. Highly recommended.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  

"German Visor Caps" is an English translation of an earlier French work that came out in 2010.
    It is a large format softcover book with color photos of visors that passed through the Hermann Historica auctions up to that time.
    Photography is top-notch, and the book also contains rarely-seen period photos of visors in wear.

It is still in print.
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 

"Exotische: Rare Cloth Headgear of the Third Reich" is by Paul Sack and the late Robby Wilson, and came out in 2010.

It is a large format book, with all the hats being photographed in color.
    The book focuses on personality and high-rank headgear, most of which had never been in a book before.
    The book is still in print.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books   Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  

Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  

"German Army Visor Caps 1871-1945" came out in 2011 and is by our own Spandau (aka Tony).

It is a thorough history of the evolution of visor hats over a period of 75 years.
    It is a large format hardback book, with all photos in color, along with interior photos and measurements.
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 

"Schirmmützen und Kopfbedeckungen im 3. Reich" came out in 2012.

It is a large-format hardback book, with color photos of actual examples along with period photos.
    The text is in German and English.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books   Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  

Einheitsfeldmütze
    A pictorial study of the German visored field cap by Daniel Fisher & Oliver Lock. Einheitsfeldmutze Translates to "Standard Field cap" and known as the M43 cap
    A 130 page, hard back book with full colour, high quality images.
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books  Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books 

"Heer & SS Visor Caps & Uniforms" is the most recent headgear book to come out (2015).
    It features the Trond ("turbopanzer") Elvan collection, and contains photos of every Heer 'farbe known.

This is the largest (& heaviest!) book on TR cloth headgear published to date.
    The photos are all in color, with detailed interior photos, as well as "under the hood" pics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast