Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reichsbahn EM visor cap w/ Polizei eagle?

Article about: Hello all, Have this one here and it is unlike any other I have seen or searched for. Was trying to determine if I should restore it or if this is some kind of hybrid visor or just the wrong

Do not know nothing about this hat-BUT THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR WHERMACHT COCADE DEAL.
    Exelent perfect seller-couldn,t ask for more.Thankyou-hope to deal with you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn EM visor cap w/ Polizei eagle?
    P
    Many

Quote by all1knew View Post
    so let's say I wanted to restore it after removing the Police eagle. I found this insignia and wanted to know if placing this and a cockade on the visor would be correct? I found another similar visor with these insignias but the chin cord is different. Would the chinstrap matter or were these rank related and not necessarily branch related? Any ideas?

William Kramer
    No, that insignia is for Tram, and as it is not cut-out, it is probably fake. I quote Wim:

"Nobody mentioned these Strassenbahn-insignia were heavily faked after the war for many, many years. Originals should anyway have the RZM M1/53 marking in the inner of the wheel at the back (Gebrüder Wegerhoff). As far as known this was the only manufacturer. Unmarked samples are often questionable.
    The shown one with not punched-through swastika shows features that are not correct: the wheel is not quite correct. The outer edges are not parallel and the lightning bolts are not punched-through.

In early 2004 I published an article about these insignia in the US "Military Advisor", vol.15, number 1 from winter 2003/2004. This (extensive article) with 8 pages gives many details about the introduction and who were allowed to wear this type of insignia!"
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is one of them in wear by a street-car conductress. Note the cut-outs:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn EM visor cap w/ Polizei eagle?  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2