Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Robby Wilson's Headgear Collection Being Auctioned by HH

Article about: Gents-- The late Robby Wilson's headgear collection is being auctioned by Hermann Historica. Robby collected headgear from just about every country, and as many of you know, he published 2 b

Default Robby Wilson's Headgear Collection Being Auctioned by HH

Gents--
    The late Robby Wilson's headgear collection is being auctioned by Hermann Historica.
    Robby collected headgear from just about every country, and as many of you know, he published 2 books with Paul Sack (Exotische and another on French Kepis).
    He was still in the process of amassing his collection when he passed away suddenly last year.

I have not had a chance to really go through these, but it is nice to finally be able to see the interiors of some of these hats.
    Auction is here:

Online Catalogues
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Robby Wilson's Headgear Collection Being Auctioned by HH
    P
    Many

Wow, an orgy of headgear. The starting bids are...umm...yeah, ok.

If you bid, don't forget the 25% buyers premium; shipping from Germany (if the hats are there) and the charge for the conversion rate. Add all those up, and what appeared to be a bargain at first glance becomes almost dealer pricing.....

& if anyone wants to put any of the hats up for discussion, please place it in this thread.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    If you bid, don't forget the 25% buyers premium; shipping from Germany (if the hats are there) and the charge for the conversion rate. Add all those up, and what appeared to be a bargain at first glance becomes almost dealer pricing.....
    I was out of this auction before I got through the first page!

At least, two of the Soviet caps offered are quite questionable - for me that is...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Also keep in mind that just because it was in the Wilson collection, it is no absolute guarantee of authenticity. You really need to know what you are buying or bidding on.
    Regards,
    John

Hermann Historica has sold many fake ss caps in the past...I have the old catalogue in 1998....

?

With all of the above said, I've now looked through most of the offering and there are certainly some spectacular original pieces here, some of which were published in "Exotische"...

Yes, some are right up my alley--the Lufthansa White-top; the High-Seas Ferry Service; and the LVA Seenotdienst. Trouble is taxes are due here in the USA only 3 weeks after auction close (and I owe, I owe...)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast