Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

with the RZM tag goes the RZM license

Article about: One writes much about RZM tags in one's headgear. Here is the license itself from the RZM to a retailer of various articles in the German speaking part of Belgium, Eupen-Malmedy. This licens

Default Re: with the RZM tag goes the RZM license

an extract from a contemporary price list... these are the prices of cap insignia or badge insignia of early date. This image kindly furnished by Derek Chapman, as ever, the source of so much useful material.
    Attached Images Attached Images with the RZM tag goes the RZM license 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement with the RZM tag goes the RZM license
    P
    Many

Hi FB, thanks once again for an excellent thread.

I am at a loss to think of what "ST" stands for in connection with the price list shown in post number 9?

Cheers, Ade.

Dear Sir, I think Derek Chapman suggested St connotes Der Stahlhelm, i.e. the militia/veterans group of the Deutsche nationale Volkspartei (DNVP) which was in the 1933 government (as you recall...) and eventually absorbed by the SA. This is an early advertisement, before said amalgamation unfolded. Also, the prices of regalia are higher than they were later in the 1930s, more or less. At least, these pieces of uniform from Peek & Cloppenburg seem more dear to me their equivalents in say 1938 or so.

The Stahlhelm is an interesting theme, and was heir to the veterans groups that arose as a powerful force in the late 19th century. But it was a more straight laced affair than the SA, or the others on the political outer fringes of state and society.

Maybe colleague Lumsden can add some sense to what I have written above.

Of couse! Thanks for that.

Cheers, Ade.

Dear Leader, thanks. German is nuts with abbreviations, and there was not much order and discipline to it, either. There was also the mania for rhyme, which comes naturally from literature, as in HaFraBa, or eReL and the list goes on and on. What is a denizen of the 21st century to do? The great philologist at the Uni. Dresden, Viktor Klemperer who was not an Aryan, and who somehow lived to tell the tale, wrote a wonderful volume on language in the III. Reich. Since Hogan's Heroes figures largely on the other sites, the actor Werner Klemperer was a relative of this man.

The Stahlhelm was more Wilhelmine, with the status, rank and privilege that went with this generalization. The SA was less hide bound, more devoted to killing the Republic in the cities or countryside with an inclusive ethos of violence and order at the same time. The Nazis and Stahlhelm/DNVP diverged in certain fundamental ideological aspects. I am not certain that the former was ever wholly abolished, so much as it got morphed into other Nazified veterans organizations in their number and complexity. The Stahlhelm would have been less likely to have lionized Bob Coleman's political soldier than would have the SA

We are all depending on Robert H to find us some nice RZM material.

I wish Peter Jenkins would post on sites again, as he had some very fine material in this connection, too.

But he seems to have turned his back on all of this. We see him only through the nice pieces that appear on his website and sell out in a few hours.

The gentleman administrator will pardon my tendency to name names, but our project here is to build things up and to raise the level, is it not?

The terrain elsewhere seems to be shrouded in the same mist I see out of my window here.

Maybe colleague Coleman can enjoin Peter Jenkins to join us, with his many wonderful illustrations and bits and pieces of things.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-14-2008 at 11:23 PM.

To be sure, no student of the RZM can exist without the Handbuch der Reichszeugmeisterei, the ideal complement to the RZM license.with the RZM tag goes the RZM licensewith the RZM tag goes the RZM licensewith the RZM tag goes the RZM licensewith the RZM tag goes the RZM licensewith the RZM tag goes the RZM license
    Attached Images Attached Images with the RZM tag goes the RZM license 

?

I used to own these RZM licence documents and most interestingly, the renewal stamps.
    Remarkable find - RZM Licence Agreement

The firm, Valentin Edelmann RZM number M2/35, was a sub contractor involved in enameling and polishing etc.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Does anyone of you have something similar?
    Hello F.B.

Yes, these are 2 pieces from my collection.

This type of admission in certificate form, was introduced around 1935 by the Reichszeugmeisterei.

mfg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture with the RZM tag goes the RZM license   with the RZM tag goes the RZM license  

with the RZM tag goes the RZM license   with the RZM tag goes the RZM license  

Thank you, lieber Kollege, wonderful things. Please post more and we should make some link to your very fine and informative site.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast