Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RZM tags

Article about: This is the sort of RZM tag for SS caps introduced around 1938. These are faked, of course, and some are faked with great skill nowadays because such fools as I have posted too many clear im

Default RZM tags

This is the sort of RZM tag for SS caps introduced around 1938. These are faked, of course, and some are faked with great skill nowadays because such fools as I have posted too many clear images. However, I shall not reveal what I believe to be the errors of the fakers, since that is someone else's game. The number A1/4 is, of course, known to all as Clemens Wagner of Braunschweig/Hamburg. In this case there is a tag from an officer's and an OR cap here at hand. A large number of the SS caps made after about 1937 and before about 1940 came from this contract maker. This number is also faked, sadly. I am confident, however, that the pieces here are quite real. The officer's cap is shown in the thread I posted on this sort of enlisted cap and its sharp appreciation in value in the last two years.

Happy collecting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM tags  
    Attached Images Attached Images RZM tags 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM tags
    P
    Many

Default Re: RZM tags

The tag makes reference to the law for the protection of party and state that mandated the requirement for the RZM to mark nearly all pieces of uniform and equipment. This law of late 1934 replaced one of late 1933 as concerns the protection of party symbols and uniforms. The 1934 law had a 1935 addendum that listed all the pieces of regalia to be so marked.

Each tag has a serial number as well as the code number of the manufacturer. Another law forbade contractors of party regalia from placing their trade marks on said regalia. This law was enacted also in 1935.

The fakes tags are similar to fake bank notes, in that they flub certain details of an original tag. Other sites have little compendia of fake tags, but, again, I leave this sport to others.

The internet has improved the quality of fakes in the kind of challenge and response that is the essence of human existence.

happy collecting.

The Bender books by Saris et al in their number have useful material on this subject, but upon a close reading of the most recent volume that appeared a couple of years ago with SS caps, I found myself in disagreement with details of this volume in this minor aspect.

Maybe someone has a better interpretation?

I am surely open to counter arguments to any analysis I might have proffered here.

Mr. Coleman has views on this matter, too, I know.

I have another RZM Tag.

What is it and what is diferent? Which time was used?

Thank you for this image, which I have seen before somewhere---it is a small world. This is a Heinrich Wille Hannover Sonderanfertigung cap with a tag from what I believe is 1937 (sorta...) Maybe it is from 1936, but I have yet to see an example in that year with this tag....yet?

The cap was retailed by the RZM. What stamp is there on the sweat band? Especially something resembling a date?

This sort of cap is quite rare and I think desirable. It is for extra wear and the model of this year from this Lieferant was nicely made.

Wille made a lot of black enlisted caps, and they tend not to have the stamp on the visor, at least the late crafted ones.

Here is another Wille Sonderanfertigung Cap also of 1937 retailed by the RZM. This cap was auctioned by Manion in 1978 along with the Saarbruecken uniform I posted elsewhere. I was able to examine the cap and make a lousy picture of it in the recent past.

Here is another RZM tag of the type you have posted. This is for the firm of Adolf Ernst somewhere in Bavaria...I cannot recall the locale. This is Robert H/s image, for which we thank him. Maybe Robert can recall if this cap had a date, but I think it was indeed 1937...
    Attached Images Attached Images RZM tags 

Thank You for answer

yes world is litle

Dear Sir, I am glad to be of service. Happy collecting. FB Auerbach

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is another RZM tag of the type you have posted. This is for the firm of Adolf Ernst somewhere in Bavaria...I cannot recall the locale. This is Robert H/s image, for which we thank him. Maybe Robert can recall if this cap had a date, but I think it was indeed 1937...
    I think from Hanover

A Wille cap of later make with a later tag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast