Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?

Article about: Hi All, I received the kepi from my earlier post, the pink top that is published in Mr. Saris's book and once belonged to John Coy, I dug alittle furter into it and hope Mr. Saris and others

Default SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?

Hi All,
    I received the kepi from my earlier post, the pink top that is published in Mr. Saris's book and once belonged to John Coy, I dug alittle further into it and hope Mr. Saris and others can help solve this one, I checked under the pink top and found green cloth with brown grommets, what does the green represent and does this make any sense? I also removed the eagle, it is RZM marked 1/16 and looks to have been the only eagle applied to the pink cloth, unless the same holes were used as the small eagle, although when lifted to expose the green it appears as there could have been a small eagle attached, easier to see with the naked eye then photo's, also, and I hate to think this but is it possible someone added the pink cloth post war to make this seem more rare then it already is?.....lets hope not. but anyway it is all put back together now and resting comfortably, so what do we make of all this? and as always thank you for your help!!
    SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?
    P
    Many

There is no rarity between the two colors. #Evidently, the original owner moved to a different area and had the new pink top applied over the original green top. With the early white RZM tag, I would expect the green top to have holes from one of the two early model eagles. I have a standartenfuhrer kepi which has a Gruppe colored top mounted over the original staff red top.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks Bob, I am trying to figure out the shade of green and what district to associate it with, also since the later version eagle appears to be the only one applied to the pink what district would that make it?

Just bumping this back up to see if Mr Saris can chime in once again, if all has been said then I understand completely.

It depends.

Sturmabteilungen Zugehörigkeitsabzeichen 1934-1945

- - ------- - -

Wim also has the same data in his book.

The expert alternation of the Gruppe Besatz is hardly an uncommon thing. I had two kepis like it I sold to Bob Coleman that came from Ickes and were also in
    Wim's book.

in volume 3 from the headgear-series I said the cap to be "Ostmark" (page 560),
    while I thought the button in front was golden, but obviously its color was silver.
    I did not have a good photo then.
    By that (a silver button) it was "Kurpfalz", which had that color until May 1934 when
    it was to be replaced by steel-green.
    The green color beneath the pinkish red I cannot give an exact shade, but to me
    it seems "Pommern" or "Thüringen" (apple-green) and as Bob said the owner
    of the kepi actually moved to another area (Kurpfalz). The brown grommets do puzzle me!

The number 27 upon the tag means: the concern of Felix Weissbach (A 1/27) from Glauchau
    at Saxonia.

The marking "Der Stahlhof" (from the steel-helmet organization) is quite great to see.
    They did not make the cap, but did sell it from their stocks.

Thank you all for the help, it is definitely apple green. I'm happy to finally own an original one.

And a great piece to own it is. There is a lot of history in that cap.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

So you got my Kepi !! Nice seeing it again. Yes...bought that from Gary at a show in Ohio. He was farming out Coys' cap collection. Enjoy !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?   SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?  

SA Kepi Pt2 Pink over green?