Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze "Gruppe Franken"

Article about: this time i wanna show you a sweet lil´item that just flew in... t´s a SA- Gruppe Franken "Coffee Can" Mütze. Classic NSDAP -brown with a yellow top, that has several small moth -b

Default SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze "Gruppe Franken"

This time i wanna show you a sweet lil´item that just flew in...

it´s a SA- Gruppe Franken "Coffee Can" Mütze.

Classic NSDAP -brown with a yellow (Felt ?-) top, correspondint to the "Franken"- region , that has several small moth -bites. But well, its age, and Time is the Master.

It is supposed to be a "M1929 type" -kepi , with an "old style" - Reichsadler and a darkened gold button. The brown leather sweatband is partially detached. No labels or such inside.

Inside the capis the Stormtroopers name, " Wüst" (that´s "UGLY" in german , a latin number "VII", and a stamp that reads "8", guess that´s the size.

i have read and studied all i could before buying this cap, and finally i went for it. I must say that i have not seen a picture of that "flap- design", but as there where many manufacturers and many styles, i decided to take the risk.

The Cap, aging & moth- damage, Sturmband (Chinstrap) and all the rest looked ok to me, even thou i am far of being an expert. I got this one from the WRF- forum classifieds, which also gave me confidence.

The Reichsadler looks quite old, even thou i haven´t seen that kind of beak before, but again, my knowledge on them is rather limited and again, there where many manufacturers with many styles.. Hope really this one is good. The fels is all eaten away by moths underneath the Eagle. Bon Appetite !!!

And after all, there are not many of them around, the SA is historically speaking very important, and finally - i could afford it, which is not the case with SS- Caps, who reach astronomical prices..

However, i wanted to show / share that kepi here, and as always, any opinions are very welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze  "Gruppe Franken"   SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze  "Gruppe Franken"  

SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze  "Gruppe Franken"   SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze  "Gruppe Franken"  

SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze  "Gruppe Franken"   SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze  "Gruppe Franken"  

Last edited by danhashman; 05-09-2017 at 11:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze  "Gruppe Franken"
    P
    Many

Dan, smart buy. I don't see evidence of holes for the larger M-37 eagle, so I believe the M-27 is original to the cap (something that is rarely seen).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Many thanks for your reply.. i was kinda nervous that the Ornithologists of this forum would give that Silverbird a bad evaluation, as i have studied many early examples of that early Reichsadler and seen quite many variations indeed, but not encountered one lwith such a beak..
    But then there where several "Herstellers" of Reichsadlers, so maybe this is a rarer one of its species..
    Last edited by danhashman; 05-12-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Are there other comments about this cap ? Is there any additional knowledge to share ?
    I´d be grateful as i am eager to learn more and to understand better what exactly i am owning here...

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Are there other comments about this cap ? Is there any additional knowledge to share ?
    I´d be grateful as i am eager to learn more and to understand better what exactly i am owning here...
    There is nothing further to say. It is a nice pre RZM Franken kepi that has not been altered.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A nice looking piece Dan!

if there is nothing more to say, then it shall be so... After all, nobody is fond of idle talk...
    And i am glad it has gotten the WRF- blessing, that is much important to me..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze  "Gruppe Franken"  
    Attached Images Attached Images SA- Kepi / Schaftmütze  "Gruppe Franken"