Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Schupo Schirmmutze with a Dark Past

Article about: This schirmmutze is one of my favorite pieces of polizei headgear. Annoyed from this ads?   Just some exterior shots for now, I'll post interior pics later with a condensed history. It

This most interesting thread by Marcus ended up tucked away on the Police Forum, and in order that it gets seen over here, I have placed it on "temporary loan" with us.

Rarely does one know the "history behind the hat"--and this one has a dark one.

Marcus, thanks for sharing this with the forum--an excellent reminder of some of the kind of people who wore these hats.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schupo Schirmmutze with a Dark Past
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for moving here, as I would have missed it. An incredible cap, with a history that is something else. Fantastic.

Patrick

Thank you Stonemint! I am really glad you find the visor of interest. The story with it is sad but unfortunately true and I would imagine many of the items we own have similar stories behind them.

Thanks too Patrick!

Best,

Marcus

?

This hat should have been reunited with the rest of the set. I would really like to see the whole uniform. I am very curious on what medals he recieved.

Hope you manage to get hold of the rest of this grouping Marcus

TrondK,

I was a johnny come lately with the grouping. I purchased the visor in 2002 from a collector in Canada and I had no idea of the original grouping. When I showed the visor to other collectors, one of them remembered the name "Dik" and recalled that it came from a grouping that came up for sale in 1999-2000. I was lucky that this collector had save photos of it. He almost purchased the group for just the white tunic as he was strictly a Gendarmerie collector, but changed his mind.
    The grouping was quite large, but at the time "Polizei" were not very popular with collector's. The family only wanted 1000.00 for the entire lot, but could not sell it as a whole, so they pieced it out. I still have a few photos of the original grouping, but it was much, much larger than these pic's show. If I had known about the grouping, I would have grabbed it up in a minute.

AS far as medals go, I only know of Dik's GAB, IAB, and ribbon for IK2, however I see loops for a medal bar on his tunics, so he was awarded more than what is shown. I did have many more pic's, but these are the only one's that I could find as many years have gone by.

The tunics were very interesting, esp. a white summer type and a field gray police tunic which I've never seen before.

Marcus

Schupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark Past

more of Dik's articles

Schupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark Past

more
    Schupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark PastSchupo Schirmmutze with a Dark Past

There were many more photos of his police training (wearing Hausmuetzen!)
    His holster, boots, belt and buckle and more, but I can't find them at present.

Marcus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2