Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction

Article about: This silk Crusher is on the block. I remember seeng a very good condition silk crusher here years ago. The accompanying text states that the silk crushers were used during 1936 Olympics and

Default Re: Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction

Cheers FB, I too have sold and then bought back much to my cost..............c'est la vie !

Thanks for bearing me in mind for any potential sales.

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction
    P
    Many

?

Here is one I used to own. The silk portion had a faint "waffle" pattern to it. The retailer was "Jockey Club, Heidelberg"...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction  

Silk caps worn by officers participating in horse races are also mentioned in Schlicht & Angolia's "Uniforms and Traditions..." volume on the Heer. Here is the respective information from my German edition:

"Die bei den Rennen zu tragende Schirmmütze entsprach in Farbe und Machart dem allgemeinen Muster für Offiziere, war aber leicht verarbeitet, oft aus Seide, und hatte meist die gewebten Hoheitsabzeichen und Eichenlaubkranz der Feldmütze alter Art."

i.e.:

"The peaked cap to be worn during the races matched the generic pattern for officers in terms of color and style, but was manufactured in a lightweight fashion, often of silk, and usually bore the woven nationality insigne and oak leaves wreath of the old-style field cap."

(Interestingly, starting 1939, officers participating as jockeys in horse races also wore colored tunics available in no less than 38 different colors including various shades of red, green, yellow, purple and blue!)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 06-19-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Quote by spandau View Post
    Cheers FB, I too have sold and then bought back much to my cost..............c'est la vie !

Thanks for bearing me in mind for any potential sales.

Tony
    I will keep you in mind, hoping thereby that, as time passes, my mind has not turned to mush before I dispose of these things.
    I salute you as an author.
    as ever, FB

?

That looks like a fine silk top at auction. I'd be curious how much it goes for.
    FB, I've always loved Richards silk top. How sad the circumstance under which you acquired it though, nicht war?

I have seen Karl Wolfe's silk black visor and it is stunning!

My silk top shown below is a Panzer example; hope no one minds my adding it to this thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silk Cavalry Crusher on Auction  

?

Quote by ErichK View Post
    That looks like a fine silk top at auction. I'd be curious how much it goes for.
    FB, I've always loved Richards silk top. How sad the circumstance under which you acquired it though, nicht war?

I have seen Karl Wolfe's silk black visor and it is stunning!

My silk top shown below is a Panzer example; hope no one minds my adding it to this thread.
    Erich, your crusher is very welcome to join this thread.
    Your crusher was in fact the one, I referred to in the OP.
    I remember it vividly.
    Thanks for posting a pic of it.
    IMO its a great example.

Link to auction as per request
    SILK MADE ARMY CAVALRY OFFICER CRUSHER CAP : Lot 7063

?

Eric , I never tire of seeing this fine cap! I see it every time you post a comment! I was actually admiring your avatar earlier..again!
    FB , thanks for your posts as well, they are truly stunning! I'm sure you will cry when you sell them..
    As for the OP, it's a beauty for sure.
    Dean.

Buyer beware, I see a few fakes in that auction.

I agree. These online auctions (proxibid, icollector, etc) are a notorious dumping ground for high-end fakes simply because the sellers do not think we watch them as closely as dealer sites and established auction houses that have dealt in militaria for years.

As I do not collect crushers, I am not going to comment on the originality of the visor that led off the thread. But just the fact that so rare a visor is being sold by this means is a cause for concern in and of itself.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

The SS posters in said auction are a hilarious farce.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast