Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sold today for 25,000 euro!

Article about: All too true my friend. Just this very evening I tried to interact with the members of a certain musical group that I've been a fan of since I was 14 or 15. Unfortunately, the IQ of members

Default Re: Sold today for 25,000 euro!

Quote by command450 View Post
    Once again, FB thanks for sharing.

Thats some Very inetersting logic. This piker can only summize that such individuals that fall prey for these ultra rare/one of a kind, woolens, are guilt of blind faith.I can only imagine such establishments do have reputations, perhaps those incharge just squash all debate with dictatorial consternation.

I do believe, a day may come where the new owner will be seriously upset and bitter!
    From an early moment, I developed a strong aversion to the named III. Reich thingy. The Saris book on head wear of the NSDAP from Bender is really very detailed and complete on this regalia. I guess there are a number of well heeled people who seize on this regalia without the effort necessary to inform themselves. In fact, Bender himself said this to me in the late 1990s, that collectors relied solely on a glamor dealer to make their expensive decisions, versus the self help of education in the classical sense. I mean, in the last ten years I have spent a goodly chunk of time in this medium and wasted a lot of effort with posts, mostly which repeat each other. But there is some real knowledge here that would enable the thinking soul to avoid losing such a chunk of dough on such junk. But as long as I have collected NS regalia, the outlandish and unlikely Nazi relic has ruled the mind and check book, whereas I am very content with relics of nameless Nazis, so long as the thing is authentic. I was further witness at an early age at the end of the 1960s to the phenomenon of the Nazi fake slayer and muckraker which has become a dominant phenomenon now in a paranoid age. In 1969 such a thing was a curiosity, and the misdeeds of the ex US Army officer gone wrong with parts of Nazi daggers, or some Harry Lyme figure from the continued episodes of the Third Man hawking fake cuff titles or cap badges from the Danube concerned no sane person. Today, with the globalization of Nazi regalia and the dominant interest in the brand III. Reich and Hitler, Hitler, Hitler... the whole thing is a big business. I should have kept more of this loot, I guess.Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-15-2011 at 07:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sold today for 25,000 euro!
    P
    Many

Well said.

Quote by operaman View Post
    Well said.
    Thanks. All the result of ample, Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro! bitter experience, mind you.

?

The recklessness and stupidy of people never ceases to amaze me , apart from the fact that the cap is fake there is no provable provenance that said cap was ever in the possesion of Hess , a few telegrams and the letters RH and someone perhaps with very little knowledge of the cap itself parted with 25,000 as a result of this flimsy and clearly false fairy story , unbelievable !!!!!

As the old saying goes " There's one born every minute "

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

It seem that the bigger the fraud, the easier it is to fool people.
    My intention here wasn't to muckrake. Rather that I was baffled that it was allowed in the sale at all and then truly blown over that it had sold. I guess it's a human reaction to want to share bizzare news with other people and hear their reactions. I actualy placed some bids myself in the same auction as many items were fine originals with very reasonable reserve prices but I didn't manage to secure anything in the end.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It seem that the bigger the fraud, the easier it is to fool people.
    My intention here wasn't to muckrake. Rather that I was baffled that it was allowed in the sale at all and then truly blown over that it had sold. I guess it's a human reaction to want to share bizzare news with other people and hear their reactions. I actualy placed some bids myself in the same auction as many items were fine originals with very reasonable reserve prices but I didn't manage to secure anything in the end.
    You can rake the muck all you want, since you also act in a constructive and commendable way. We know others who do not, whose sole role is to spread fear and anxiety in order to build up their own throne of whatever amid the chaos.

We here try to add knowledge in addition to sounding the tocsin about the perils of collecting. The other site has no constructive role any more, in my dim view. It adds little value.

i believe they often use a well know nazi name t sell their fake items.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You can rake the muck all you want
    Well, in that case I will!

This seller has every kind of hat that you would ever want, all fake and IMO probably coming from the same source as the dodgy Hess example. These are not Janke reproductions ending up in the wrong hands of a few ebay sellers. This is wholesale fraud and it's quite astonishing!
    Attached Images Attached Images Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro!  Sold today for 25,000 euro! 

Donnerwetter.

I'd say that qualifies as a good muckrake!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast