Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sold today for 25,000 euro!

Article about: All too true my friend. Just this very evening I tried to interact with the members of a certain musical group that I've been a fan of since I was 14 or 15. Unfortunately, the IQ of members

?

Default Re: Sold today for 25,000 euro!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    In any case, you people seized of taxonomies and typologies of fakes should make a thread of these
    If I had been around and collecting in the 1960's, I would take up that challenge! But I'm a 70's child. It would be nice if more of the older generation would share what they know with us but alas, I don't think that's going to happen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sold today for 25,000 euro!
    P
    Many

?

If I ever get all snobby about hats in the same way that wine aficionados get about bottles of plonk, you have my permission to line me up against a wall!

Point taken about the older generation, I'm desperately trying to hang on to my youth though as I approach 40 at the end of the month so forgive me. I will soon be in that catogory of old fuddies but at least I will be an original old fuddy and not an Alteste!

Here is a list, but do not tell me that everyone on said list did whatever all in the same manner, or even in any series of manners that allows generalizations suitable for a hit on a website.....Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!

The Firma of Beinhorn also made very good fakes, and I had one of these once, but you never see them anywhere.Sold today for 25,000 euro!

This also might have been a Kupper, too, but it was a nice cap. It had too little padding. But notice its nice, elegant shape and the crown piping is well done, which is not the case today.

The interior had a certain Bundeswehr quality to it, as I recall.

I have not kept images of all the fakes, as such things do not really interest me.

?

Point taken again. The Muetzenfabrik thread is a wealth of knowledge and observation but probably does not appeal to most because of it's unstructured and long winding narrative. Threads like this one grab the attention and bring newcomers to the table, which was it's purpose but do so in a sensational and tabloid press sort of way which I am not proud of but serve a purpose none the less. Finding a balance is very difficult, prehaps impossible within this digital media.

You should reorganize the Muetzenfabrik thing in such a way as to make sense to the user, which I know you can do. You are free to stand at the corner of Hyde Park and declaim to the world as you see fit. I support you. My condemnation is not directed at you, but at others we both know, whose approach is less subtle, and less honorable at the end of the day. Tabloids in the UK have their place, so long as there are others ways to get the news. Nowadays the tabloid quality of this thing seems to drive out the quest for knowledge of a substantial kind. I mean no reproach of you for blowing the whistle on these high end continental websites with their horrid fakes. I thought everyone knew same, but I guess not. I am a history teacher, and a serious collector who wants best to avoid the traps and snares can equip himself via historical study to be a successful collector and a good historian, too.
    Such an idea is scorned in my place of residence as elitist and snobby, and seized of the taste of "pineapples and berries" at the expense of the normal guy collector who paws at his foetid or fetid woolens with no use of gray matter.
    So be it.

So bin ich und so bleibe ich....

?

Sry next post has the quote with it i'm not used to forums lol

?

Quote by SS gentleman View Post
    Wow! What a huge mistake for somebody. 25,000 euros that should be a nice down payment on a new heart transplant.
    Yeh imagine the other halfs face when the new car turned out to be a hat ?

?

A thought struck me today. For the last six months, I've been trying to learn about Japanese swords through soliciting forums very much like this one. Good luck to anyone in the same situation because it is like trying to get blood out of a stone. In comparison, the wealth of information and generosity of knowledge right here is remarkable. Online forums have helped me in a wide range of subjects from drumming to classic cars but I can say without doubt that this community is the most helpful and generous.
    Let's try and keep it that way.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    A thought struck me today. For the last six months, I've been trying to learn about Japanese swords through soliciting forums very much like this one. Good luck to anyone in the same situation because it is like trying to get blood out of a stone. In comparison, the wealth of information and generosity of knowledge right here is remarkable. Online forums have helped me in a wide range of subjects from drumming to classic cars but I can say without doubt that this community is the most helpful and generous.
    Let's try and keep it that way.
    Ben, I agree. Back in the late '70s, no one would tell you how to tell a fake from a real anything. Their advice was "read the books", which was worthless, as all the books would do would be to tell you how to tell an EK1 from an EK2, etc. I get flak for "telling too much", but imho, the fakers simply cannot replicate that which was made 70 years ago as far as visor caps are concerned. Sharing "secrets of the trade" also helps maintain the integrity of the hobby, and attract (and retain) younger/new collectors. It also makes our collections retain their value (but that is tertiary to me)--for without new collectors, our collections become worthless in 20-30 years.

Too bad about the samurai sword crowd, but it does not surprise me one iota--there always was a certain bit of elitist snobbery (once again) associated with a large segment of that crowd (and why I never bothered with it).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast