Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SOS find, Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia

Article about: First off, congratulations to Patrick on his nice find. The main item I was looking for was a all embroidered Heer visor cap,as I don't own one. There weren't that many to chose from. Normal

Default SOS find, Heer Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia

First off, congratulations to Patrick on his nice find. The main item I was looking for was a all embroidered Heer visor cap,as I don't own one. There weren't that many to chose from. Normally I wouldn't buy a late war unmarked cap but I liked the insignia and the nice saddle shape to this one.
    Something else of interest, it has the earlier type silver chin cords. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SOS find, Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia   SOS find, Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia  

SOS find, Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia   SOS find, Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia  

SOS find, Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia   SOS find, Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia  

SOS find, Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia  
    Last edited by Karl S.; 03-03-2014 at 12:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SOS find, Officers Visor Cap with all embroidered insignia
    P
    Many

Absolutely gorgeous hat. All of these great SOS posts recently are making me really regret going this year and encouraging me to try and go next year. These all embroidered are one of my favorites. You have to wonder who the guy who shelled out all the dough to upgrade his hat though.

Nice score, Karl--it is hard to find those 3-D cockades on visors.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

A real nice one.

?

Great cap Karl, I love how high the peak is. I think we both did really well

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    sloppy way the adler has been sewn on.but a very nice cap.
    Thanks everyone.
    Actually the wreath isn't the best job either. I didn't think the eagle was all that bad, it's straight and centered and is at regulation height.

?

Good to see the cap which was once in my collection.

Very nice cap. The saddle shape is gigantic. How high is the seam at the front?