Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Looks fine to me. But replacing the insignia, if that is what you would want to do, would be expensive. Better to buy a complete example. Originals were not lined at all.

Default SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.

I just found this hat on a local market site. The seller claims it to be real. I have my serious doubts of course... What do the experts think??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.   SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.  

SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.   SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.  

SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.   SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.

Looks interesting, but my book says that originals are lined with field-grey twill.

Looks fine to me. But replacing the insignia, if that is what you would want to do, would be expensive. Better to buy a complete example.

Originals were not lined at all. Ignore that particular book Harry.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Looks fine to me. But replacing the insignia, if that is what you would want to do, would be expensive. Better to buy a complete example.

Originals were not lined at all. Ignore that particular book Harry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Oh my god! Even books on what to look for can't be trusted now! New collectors have no chance then do they?

Hi Harry, ALL books contain errors. Even ones I have been involved with Problems occur with a lack of proper proof reading or failure to use primary sources of information. On occasion bad items or info gets put in books simply due to the authors being outright wrong.

Cheers, Ade.

Don't you think it would be fairer to name the book in question? Then others would know to ignore what it says. The book I have isn't even mine, it was loaned to me so that I could have a look. If what the author says is definately wrong there should be no recriminations about going public on it. I am glad that I only have a passing interest in WW2 helmets. Collecting this junk these days is an absolute minefield for the unwary. I should have stuck with my Maxims.

being a muslim, id love to have one of these in my collection. ss foreign volunteers fascinate me.

believe it or not, there were african nazis! this man was in the freies arabien division:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Foreign volunteer muslim fez.  

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

believe it or not, there were african nazis! this man was in the freies arabien division:
    There are dozens of pictures of Africans in German uniforms; we had a special treath on them in thise forum.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Don't you think it would be fairer to name the book in question? Then others would know to ignore what it says. The book I have isn't even mine, it was loaned to me so that I could have a look. If what the author says is definately wrong there should be no recriminations about going public on it. I am glad that I only have a passing interest in WW2 helmets. Collecting this junk these days is an absolute minefield for the unwary. I should have stuck with my Maxims.
    Hello HARRY THE MOLE.
    You seem very discapointed in a way.
    I am also refearing at your FJ lid treath you published lately.
    I did'nt wanted to react on that one, but I feel to do so now.
    Don't get me wrong it is no personal attack, maybe I undesrtood your reaction wrong.
    But I am in the antique buisiness for nearly 30 years , I am an appointed expert for court and inssurrance matters, and believe me I made mistakes and I have seen collegues making mistakes.
    We are all humans, in title of making mistakes and never to old to learn.
    I do learn every day, and glad to do so.
    You are correct to say that collecting thise junk is a minefield, and that is exactly what it is to me; "junk"!! There are so far more important things in live then thise.
    And lets give the credit to thise forum that it deserves; it helps you a lot in that minefield.
    A" copy" is just what you make out of it, Chinees copy there ancesters for decades ....to honour them!
    Cheers
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Kris,
    I 'm sorry if my opinions offend in any way, but If I read a reference book on detecting fakes, I genuinely expect the contents of that book to be correct. If others out there have the same book and are not aware that some of the advice given within its pages is wrong it could lead to a person missing out on an item which they think is fake (because of the book) which in actual fact is genuine! It is not the same as reading a book on military history, where there are always differing viewpoints to battles or the like. Such books always do carry a degree of innaccuracies.

Had I seen that Fez for sale, and having read in the book what the Fez should look like, I would have considered it to be a fake! And that is where the danger lies. These forums ARE a great tool for discovering information. There ARE many knowledgeable collectors on here who give extremely good advice to the unwary. Perhaps my abrasive style and questioning attitude is not really suited to such forums!

Harry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast