Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS NCO'S schirmutze

Article about: Another offering at an up coming auction, is it good from these photo's, no more available, thanks

kc1
    ?

Default SS NCO'S schirmutze

Another offering at an up coming auction, is it good from these photo's, no more available, thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS NCO'S schirmutze   SS NCO'S schirmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS NCO'S schirmutze
    P
    Many

Default re: SS NCO'S schirmutze

nope thats a repro

tom

kc1
    ?

Oh dear someones going to be sad, follow the link, daggers start on page 11 can't remember where this visor is shown

Dreweatts 1759 :: Bristol

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    nope thats a repro

tom
    Tom, care to explain why?

ben i think its fake because the eagle has flash at the top of the head (cast) i can't quite see the skull the chinstrap looks like it was made yesterday and the lack of any sweat on the band is a concern (and the fact that the site its on has been shown to have a lot of fakes)
    if im wrong please explain as im wanting to learn
    thanks

tom

?

Not much to go on, granted, but if you disregard the badges and chinstrap?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Not much to go on, granted, but if you disregard the badges and chinstrap?
    is there something so blindly obvious whats your opinion on it

tom

?

Here's where I'm coming from. There are more photos of original black caps on this forum than anywhere else on the internet.

You said, "nope, that's a repro". Are you sure?

I'm just interested to know whether all that some of us are trying to teach is sinking in or not. If it's not, what can we do better?

Evening gentlemen,
    I have never taken the time to study SS items YET, as I feel that there is too much experience and knowledge needed in this field to get fully authentic stuff... And for the time being I will keep to my regular militaria, that I feel like I have gotten the hang off after many years of studying, reading, talking to more experienced honest collectors with over 30 years of experience, looking at their stuff and learning the basics... I am lucky to have some of Norway`s best collectors as close friends..

When it comes to this type of SS memorabilia I have none or little knowledge what so ever, and tend to stay in the shadows.. My next step is to get some good books and USE this great forum to learn the right way to collect SS memorabilia. On the forum you find people like “Friedrich-Berthold “ who has more knowledge about this then I could ever hope to learn (But I hope that someday I will).. USE the forum, and learn what you can! It WILL save you a lot of money, and last but not least some authentic items that you can feel good about.. That’s my advice to everybody

But now for this Visor...
    With my lack of knowledge about this subject as stated above I will try to reason something about the cap...

I think that the black ribbed visor is original, but the insignia is not (from what I can see in the photos) I don’t like the skull at all...

He he, don`t kill me now..

Best regards from Norway

?

Thanks to my collegue from Norway!

I also think the hat itself has a very good chance of being authentic.

The badges are not original and can be disregarded. However, it's very foolish to write off any garment based on what is attached to it at this point in time.

Also, just want to point out that although some of us are moderators and or are lifetime members, that doesn't make us natural educators with the vocabulary to match. We are just collectors like everyone else. That's why I asked if there is something else we can do to improve the knowledge of everyone?

We just do our best and try to comment when a potential mistake is spotted regarding authentication.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast