Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS NCO'S schirmutze

Article about: Another offering at an up coming auction, is it good from these photo's, no more available, thanks

?

Default re: SS NCO'S schirmutze

Ok. I will put in a word on this one also. I am also no expert on visors or caps. Far from. Excuse me if i am not using the correct terminology also. I to some extend like the texture of the outer band. Maybe also the top of the visor itself. I do not like the sweat diamonds SS runes. They are different to each other. The sweat band looks worn, but as far as i can tell no sweat marks. Part of it looks old, part of it looks new.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS NCO'S schirmutze
    P
    Many

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Ok. I will put in a word on this one also. I am also no expert on visors or caps. Far from. Excuse me if i am not using the correct terminology also. I to some extend like the texture of the outer band. Maybe also the top of the visor itself. I do not like the sweat diamonds SS runes. They are different to each other. The sweat band looks worn, but as far as i can tell no sweat marks. Part of it looks old, part of it looks new.
    see thats what was bothering me it looked to new but also old and used and i really can't see why if you had an original ss cap why you would put fake badges on it makes no sense to me

tom

The data present here allow no final conclusion. The cap badges are incorrect, but this fact hardly disqualifies a cap. This kind of cap is hardly rare and can be had easily on many sites in good state of preservation, with original badges.
    We also have many images of such items. The Shea site has several caps of this type for sale with extensive images of same for reflection and study.

Happy hats.

?

Do you have any comments on the SS runes F-B. Is the difference "normal"?

SS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutze
    Quote by Datrus View Post
    Do you have any comments on the SS runes F-B. Is the difference "normal"?

Dear Sir, the images are not really clear enough. As I say, look at the examples on the Shea siten (see enclosure) and here. The fakes are today well done, but with many notable errors, even apparent to us via the images.
    If in doubt, buy one of these from a sound source and pay extra for peace of mind. The cap badges alone are such a pain in the a@@ to find that it pays to get a cap with the proper badges, unless you have many real ones at a bargain price.
    The runics in authentic caps are always very clear in their authenticity, and less so in these pictures.
    Happy collecting to all where ever you may be.....SS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutze

SS NCO'S schirmutzeYou can easily see that this mark varied by the maker. Such a mark was introduced in the course of 1934 by the Beschaffungsamt SS to insure uniformity of such headwear.SS NCO'S schirmutze
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-06-2011 at 05:52 PM.

?

Default Re: SS NCO'S schirmutze

Thank you very much for you quick answer. I do not collect visors or caps, yet. I find them very interesting though, in some strange way. The only visor i have is a MVD visor. Got it as a present from a friend who is a Major in MVD.

SS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeIf you can, avoid collecting caps, as your life will remain more simple.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]If you can, avoid collecting caps, as your life will remain more simple.
    If you live only once, why make it simple? I bet having an orriginal cap is worth the time spent looking for it

cheers,
    Pat

SS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzeSS NCO'S schirmutzePerhaps you are right. When I was your age, I thought the same, but time changes one's perspective. I should have become an accountant and played golf for amusement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast