Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Officers visor cap.

Article about: An authentic cap, seldom seen anymore on these ever more enfeebled and dorked up sites. This one is even in a book! Its piping is of a non controversial color. Pi pa po.

WWII collector
    ?

Default Re: SS Officers visor cap.

now i think they are fake

2. # ADS

hm i dont get it, i have sent pics to a lott of big ss colectors and all says the insignia is original and the visor is more difficult to deside . on tougt was a converted heer visor, any more opinions woud be fantastic. there has been taken tests on some treads and tests with black lights . the owner has been checking the visor in 10 years and most norwegian visor/ ss colectors says it is real so i am very confused.

your picture of the insignia is too small to judge. why don't you take a bigger picture of the insignia and post here again.

It looks like it stands nearly 2 feet tall, and to me that's a GREAT BIG RED FLAG.

And, if Adrian says its a fake, then it should be left at that...

Brian

compare.... and do use the many things we have already posted here.

At least this thread is not about cap insignia.

Postscriptum: these are not my property.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers visor cap.   SS Officers visor cap.  

SS Officers visor cap.   SS Officers visor cap.  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Officers visor cap. 

And those are NOT nearly 3 feet tall, and WOW, look how beautiful they are, such craftsman ship.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    And those are NOT nearly 3 feet tall, and WOW, look how beautiful they are, such craftsman ship.

Brian
    The saddle shaped cap in the era prior to 1939 violated army regulations, and was a source of great friction for extra cap makers between the demands of customers and the persons in the military who wrote the rules and enforced them. The young troops demanded such a cap for obvious reasons of human or male vanity while just such an Eigenmaechtigkeit for reasons of fashion was contrary to regulations. I posted an article from UM about this, but no one seems to have read it. The saddle shaped cap with the high crown (do not call it a peak, which is UK for visor) was originally worn in cavalry units of the old armies, hence its appeal. Or it has long been military fashion to have head gear that made the wearer appear taller, though the present fashion with berets is to make them appear far too small to fit over a human head. But I am an old man and should retire from service.

Why do we have to look at so many cussed pictures of fakes here?

I hope you are well, Brian, on this Memorial Day, as we honor your service and those of your brother and sister soldiers, airmen and airwomen, sailors, marines and others in their number, to include our allies and partners....

And someone post some images of some authentic and otherwise seldom seen SS regalia instead of all this junk.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers visor cap.  

Thank you for your kind words, they do mean a lot on this day, as i have lost buddies in Iraq, and almost died myself. So this day does have a lot of meaning to me also.

On the cap;

I know what you mean on the junk being posted in here, I have been guilty of it myself sometimes, but i am getting betting at it.

I would have known better on that cap, I know the SS would never have allowed such a saddle cap as you mentioned what it was, as i have seen those saddle caps before, for other branches of service like old Calvary type service units, BUT NEVER FOR THE SS.

Thanks
    Brian

Quote by Das reich View Post
    hi i have no clue about visors so is this real ore a fake? tell me if you need better pics.
    It is a common fake. Please keep in mind that 99% of all W-SS color-piped visors are fakes. This one is just an earlier Janke with the fold-over sweatband.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Thank you for your kind words, they do mean a lot on this day, as i have lost buddies in Iraq, and almost died myself. So this day does have a lot of meaning to me also.

On the cap;

I know what you mean on the junk being posted in here, I have been guilty of it myself sometimes, but i am getting betting at it.

I would have known better on that cap, I know the SS would never have allowed such a saddle cap as you mentioned what it was, as i have seen those saddle caps before, for other branches of service like old Calvary type service units, BUT NEVER FOR THE SS.

Thanks
    Brian
    Dear Brian, my comment was not directed at you at all. You are using this site as it was intended and we are here to be of help to you and others, such as we can. The regulation also did not mean that it was in fact followed. It was not in reality. The cap with the high crown was more common as time dragged on, actually. But the fakes tend to look odd because they are made from patterns that are in-authentic and also be hands that come generations after those who made the caps I posted. '

Let us also not have the same idiotic threads here about Waffenfarbe as befouls the other sites, please.

We all need to put our shoulder to the wheel and save these sites from irrelevance, triviality and the beside- the- point syndrome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers visor cap.  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast