Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms

Article about: Two photos of the SS white top with black piping. I'm pretty sure they're known as SS Olympics caps Interesting to see one of them has the early skull.

Thanks Adrian:

OLYMPIA-SANITÄTSDIENST

During the Olympics in 1936, members from the RAD, assisted as hospital orderlies
    (Olympiade-Sanitäter).
    This white dress was only worn during the games. Later one was shown at the
    RAD-Mustersammlung, a permanent exhibition at the RAD headquarters
    at Berlin-Grunewald.

SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms

The photographs were shown in volume 5 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany", in
    a special section.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms
    P
    Many

Also others served for the games: boys and also girls were assigned to the
    JUGEND-EHRENDIENST/OLYMPIADE EHRENDIENST

For them a special white dress was introduced with the Olympic rings upon
    the left breast and also with the cloth cap, either in the front or at the left
    side.
    These boys and girls were aids and interpreters (Helfer und Dolmetscher),
    especially in service for the visiting foreigners (at the Olympic-village). Many
    of such photographs were in the German press.

SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms

Thank you Wim for posting the additional photographs. It is interesting to note that the cut of the SS and RAD white jackets is very similar with the SS ones lacking the standard rear ramp buttons. Who knows, perhaps there was one large Olympic contract?
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms  

I agree, this has become an excellent thread, so I have tidied it up a bit.
    Here is another shot of the RAD men:
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Wim--do you know which individuals were allowed to wear this style visor other than bandsmen?:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms   SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms  

This is supposed to be one of the above visors. I am not entirely convinced:
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms  SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms  SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms  SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms 

These individuals in the white-top visors apparently worked as security at the Olympics.
    It appears that the shoulder-patch says "Kontrol":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms 

I do not know if the cap shown is the one as is worn, but it looks to soft.
    Male participants did wear also white visored caps with a white twisted cord.

Here Willy Kaiser from the boxing team (Federgewicht), as well as the German boxing team:
    SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms SS Olympics visor and white Olympic uniforms

A friend of mine does own such a visored cap. It is an extremely rare cap, which has the
    participant's name in the inner. Look at the beautiful eagle upon a red backing. For years it
    was thought the backing was black, which obviously is not!!
    I asked if I was allowed to show it here! The visored cap is from a sprinter from the
    Frankfurt-area. Courtesy cap: Philippe Gillain

The musician once more with arm-patch:

Stonemint: the guy you show is from the Ordnungsdienst. I must have a nice uniform-photograph
    somewhere, but can't find it. What I know is one can read the arm-patch. When I find it I
    will scan it, as I thought there was some information at the reverse. I remembered I had a copy from the
    magazine where I found the photograph. Instead of the photograph I do show the copy. It is a great
    looking dress/uniform. The patch reads as KONTROLLE with a number. Upon the top of the cap there is a
    bell-insignia:

And there are more: a cap as worn by sellers of official Olympic postcards.

Last: a photograph from the white RAD uniform as how it was shown in the exhibition: the RAD-Mustersammlung.

Enjoy. Hope others will have also some material ro show.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 02-28-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks for all the fine and revealing material of great merit.

Wim, your knowledge and insight never ceases to amaze me--I had been trying to figure out what organization they belonged to for years.
    Thanks again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast