Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Schirmmütze RZM Tag

Article about: Right now I have the chance to buy a strip of tags that go inside of the sweatband I am almost certain that they are original they were found in an old house by a picker in an old picture fr

?

Default SS Schirmmütze RZM Tag

Right now I have the chance to buy a strip of tags that go inside of the sweatband I am almost certain that they are original they were found in an old house by a picker in an old picture frame. They have tone with age as old paper does they are like an oil cloth paper there are about 12 on the sheet almost like a piece of paper the man offer them to me for 100 dollars not sure if this is a good offer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Schirmmütze RZM Tag
    P
    Many

?

Default re: SS Schirmmütze RZM Tag

Do you have a photo of the tags? There are many copies and, so far, they haven't gotten it 100% correct. Do show a photo if you can and we may be of better service.

CMH

?

Hello I am going to look at them again this sunday and will try and get a pic of them

- - Updated - -

would the price be good assuming they are original the man who has them has a good reputation as a military dealer

?

I will try and give you my opinion once I have seen photos/scans. The answer may come without an elaborate explanation as I don't want to aid those who, given a public forum, may use information to do other collectors harm. Others are better aquainted with the little tags than I am, however, I have seen and handled both genuine and forgery and have a decent understanding between the two. As always, I encourage second opinions.

In the interim, take a look at the thread that is a decent study of RZM tags under the SS forum.

Regards,

CMH
    Last edited by DrCMH; 01-02-2013 at 05:07 AM.

?

Thanks for your thought will try and get pics as soon as possible

I also am looking forward to seeing your pictures.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I also am looking forward to seeing your pictures.
    Oh $hit.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

SS Schirmmütze RZM TagThe SS RZM tag you see here has been faked at least since the mid to late 1960s. No where in the whole digital universe will you find more authentic images of RZM tags of relevance than here.

SS Schirmmütze RZM TagAuthentic examples of these paper insignia tags also existed in the 1960s, and were faked, in turn. This is an example of such a paper tag transformed into a cap tag, which is quite silly, but it is already decades old.

SS Schirmmütze RZM TagSS Schirmmütze RZM TagThe patterns of these tags as they varied from year to year in the 1930s from the RZM are widely to be had as a Vorlage nowadays.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast