Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS visor black for review

Article about: Here is another. Just getting thoughts on it. Thank you

Default SS visor black for review

Here is another. Just getting thoughts on it.

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor black for review   SS visor black for review  

SS visor black for review   SS visor black for review  

SS visor black for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor black for review
    P
    Many

That is an authentic Mueller Muenchen of the 1938 or 1939 or so species.

I own a couple like it.

These are also now faked, but this one is real.

August Muller?

SS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewAugust Mueller is the cap maker. If you can amass say ten black SS caps, the bulk are made either by Mueller in Muenchen or Wagner in Braunschweig, at least that is what
    my experience suggests. There were many other makers, and the maker is not significant.

Mueller must have gotten its mitts into the RFSS at an early date with some party based special relationship.

It was an artisan based firm, not a "cap factory," as in the case of Wagner or Lubstein.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-12-2015 at 02:52 AM.

SS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewA2/143 to be exact.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-12-2015 at 04:55 AM.

Thank you FB. I appreciate and value your expertise.

SS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for review
    Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thank you FB. I appreciate and value your expertise.
    Thank you. Not everyone does, in fact. Some people hate me.

For some, knowledge poses a threat.

I never really saw it that way, but that's me.

It took me a very long time to noodle all this out.

Glad you can have some nice things and thanks for sharing them with us here.

Thank you sir. You are a true asset to this community. I have gathered many books and spend a lot of time on your threads reviewing the subtle differences with these beautiful pieces.

SS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for review
    Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thank you sir. You are a true asset to this community. I have gathered many books and spend a lot of time on your threads reviewing the subtle differences with these beautiful pieces.
    Thanks. Am very happy to help you and salute your collection!

I spend too much time hunting down the subtle differences and then overpay dealers for these things, whereupon they promptly tell me that these things are totally worthless and I am a fool.

Best of the season to you and much pleasure and contentment with your caps and your interest, and, again, thanks for sharing it with us.

I appreciate the kind words very much, since such sentiments are too rare in our confused world.

Hi, First pic in post #5, FB, your bedroom? In all seriousness, thanks for sharing your knowledge, and images of your wonderful items, that I never tire of seeing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast