Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS visor black for review

Article about: Here is another. Just getting thoughts on it. Thank you

SS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for reviewSS visor black for review
    Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    Hi, First pic in post #5, FB, your bedroom? In all seriousness, thanks for sharing your knowledge, and images of your wonderful items, that I never tire of seeing.

I think this is an image from the August Mueller firm, or one like it.....

I sorely need some of the brown shirts in this picture, too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor black for review
    P
    Many

To the OP, do you have the original cap in question, or is this in anticipation of a purchase? It's quite a cap!

I think I know why FB has the caps on top of each other like that, he's hoping they make babies

Quote by Larboard View Post
    To the OP, do you have the original cap in question, or is this in anticipation of a purchase? It's quite a cap!

I think I know why FB has the caps on top of each other like that, he's hoping they make babies
    Why, yes, they are quite fertile.

In some pictures, it looks like you are about to be pushed out of your beautiful house or apartment by the overflowing caps.

It's good to know they're in good hands. Only the truly dedicated could have a collection like this. Quite a nest egg as well...

?

I have to say that every time you pleasure us with that smorgasbord of beautiful Visors. I zoom in and try my best to see what is being shown, but my eyes are always drawn to the wonderful craftsmanship of that TABLE. Its almost like a slight of hand and I'm not noticing what i should be seeing.
    As always, Thanks FB!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Yeah, that table, wow! Phil, you ol sly dog you, you must like fancy woodwork? I never even noticed the table before, I guess you know where my eyes were at. There's a nice upright piano against the wall, I never noticed that either...

?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Yeah, that table, wow! Phil, you ol sly dog you, you must like fancy woodwork? .
    No, Just quality craftsmanship of day's gone by that is rarely seen anymore.
    Semper Fi Mac
    Phil

I like that too. On woodstuff I kinda fall for the simple mission oak, craftsman period stuff, but I can admire the fancy stuff too, beautiful marquetry... It's amazing the things artisans use to be able to do... it's all CAD/CAM, CNC, etc now. Crafstmanship is dying out... Just things in general have degraded, but "improved? Look at a '55 Chevy, look at a 2015 Chevy and I'm not talking about a Corvette, just the everyday car. Apples and oranges. That 2015 will probably run for 10 years and that's it, and it will never be collectible. The things they make now are just throwaways, that's why I cling to antiques for most of the things in our personal lives... old trucks, cast iron pans... hell, I'm an antique

SS visor black for reviewI am an antique, too. Thanks for the kind words.

Well, older folks are just like the antiques that we love.

They don't make them like they use to!

The problem is you can't get teenagers or even people in their twenties to see this. From personal experience I'd say you have to become older yourself - and perhaps think of your own mortality a bit more - to really appreciate the value of our elders. Before that, it's just rebellion... usually just for the sake of rebellion.

When you read a book about the horrors and privations of the war, or about the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl "The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl" by Timothy Egan (I heartily recommend it!), you can't help but realize that just a couple generations ago, these people were "tough as nails", and then some!

I don't see any Americans now being able to withstand it. Nowadays, being without cable TV or losing cell phone reception is a major hardship...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast