Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thoughts on a "Best of the Best" pinned sub-forum?

Article about: Thanks for all the input, Gents--Ade (and the rest of the Mods) have graciously accepted our request. All threads will be "pinned" and closed, as they are for reference only. Howev

Thanks for all the input, Gents--Ade (and the rest of the Mods) have graciously accepted our request.

All threads will be "pinned" and closed, as they are for reference only. However, if someone wants to start a topic on any of them, by all means please do so, but do it in this (the main) forum.

I want the Authentic visor Forum to be streamlined as possible, without commentary--simply a visual reference.
    I will try and break it out for the various 'farbes and organisations, and eventually do some threads on select makers (ie, Kaps, Welhausen, Berolina, etc).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on a "Best of the Best" pinned sub-forum?
    P
    Many

?

Default Nice

Great- Looking forward to it---

Hi Gents
    Could we possibly add a link to the original thread in which the items originate so a quick reference to the text/discussion can be made?

I feel this whole concept is going to be of great use to all at some stage.
    Good work
    Dave

OK--it has been a slow and laborious process, but it is coming together. It takes a while to go through the old threads and filter out the "best of the best" (and unfortunately, no threads are organized by waffenfarbe/truppenfarbe, so this accounts for additional delay).
    I am trying to credit every hat that can be credited, but some I cannot recall, so I leave the name blank (and if you recognize one as yours, by all means, let me know so I can credit you).
    I have been asked by several people why they cannot post comments. This is simply because it is a reference-only thread, and everyone of these hats has been commented upon before. However, if one wants to discuss a hat in the Forum, simply start a new thread on it here by either linking to the locked thread or just duplicating the pics--this forum encourages discussion, questions, and answers (but in a civilized manner).

As far as authenticity, I have inspected a lot of these hats, but not all, and I am relying on the judgement of the advenced collector(s) who have possessed them at one time or another.

I have also been asked why I pick certain caps and not others. It comes down to several factors:

1. Condition;
    2. Quality of Manufacture;
    3. Rarity;
    4. Maker variation;
    5. Quality of Photography.

With regard to the last, I mean clear, focused pix with an adequate amount of lighting to illustrate detail, and (hopefully) a neutral background. Also I do not include pix which have other hats in them, as those photos take away the emphasis from the primary hat.

Once I get past the various organisations/farbes, I will do some threads on makers (ie, Erel, Kaps, Berolina, Schellenberg, etc) and their progression (or regression) during the war years.

In any event, once done, it will be the most advance reference thread on the web, and one which will make it easier for any collector to determine originality by having something to compare to.
    Last edited by stonemint; 12-31-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

certainly would save time

?

Quote by spandau View Post
    wHAT A GOOD IDEA..................and Why not ?

If it helps people spot the difference then that will help everyone !

cheers

Tony
    This.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    A very good idea!
    World War Helmets is a well kept French forum with a very nice and nearly complete site about WW helmets, a very good reference!
    .: World War Helmets - Accueil :.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Great pics of lids in there. Can see that Ill have to spend some time there.
    Thanks for link - bookmarked for reference.

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    OK--it has been a slow and laborious process, but it is coming together.......................................... ................................................
    Twas an excellent idea, thanks for taking the time to collect the data.

But then thats why you get paid the big bucks as a MOD!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2