Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thoughts on this SS artillery red piped NCO's Schirmmütze

Article about: by bboywizard Thank you once again for all of your knowledge guys...not only helping me ID the fake ones but saving some serious dollars ..i cant find it on he site now,but this dealer had a

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    Thank you once again for all of your knowledge guys...not only helping me ID the fake ones but saving some serious dollars ..i cant find it on he site now,but this dealer had an ss helmet as well, but the decal looked off centre
    The SS helmet on that site is bad, as are, in my opinion, the DD FJ and the "Hungarian Foreign Volunteer" helmets. Not a site I would frequent in the future.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this SS artillery red piped NCO's Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Australia seems to have a number of bad dealers..every single dealer i have dealt with in Australia has tried to sell fakes as originals..and it pisses me off..if you are asking people to trust your opinion with items worth thousands of dollars you owe them the respect to do your research to weed out the fakes and not pass them on to hard working collectors

greimers ..the guy running it ,according to Facebook pics looks way too young to be a Vietnam vet...and after reading the Facebook page it appears he got all his SS gear from a collector in the US..he had another SS visor that he got from the same guy but has since sold it ...My point is,where does the responsibility lie for selling fakes..i understand even the best can be fooled,but if this is your business you should know..everyone ive met on here has been able to pinpoint issues with items straight away..this is the sold cap Thoughts on this SS artillery red piped NCO's Schirmmütze

?

Quote by greimers View Post
    What a shame if we are talking about John Burridge. I knew John 30 years ago when I was in Perth and ,then at least, he was one of the most trusted dealers in Australia.

Whilst not relevant, John was a highly decorated Vietnam Veteran that many still argue should have been awarded the Victoria Cross as opposed to the Star of Courage he was recommended for.

I'll contact him and hopefully make him aware of what I'm hoping to have been sincere errors of judgement.
    The guy selling looks to be mid 40s early 50s.

No John Burridge is at John Burridge Military Antiques This other guy has a remarkably similar store name

IMPORTANT NOTICE ;
    WE REGRET THE NECESSITY TO INFORM OUR MANY CUSTOMERS THAT WE ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH JBMILITARIA OR JB MILITARY ANTIQUES ALSO OF PERTH. IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT HAVING TRADED IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA FOR OVER 35 YEARS WE NOW FIND THE NEED TO POST THIS ADVICE.
    Then again wasn't it Charles Caleb Colton who said
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
    This is posted on John Burridge Military Antiques
    Why you would try and trade off a decorated Vietnam vet is beyond me

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Gee that guy is literally 10min drive from my house. I was talking to him a couple months back. He seem totally against anything fake
    Except when he owns it.With the big money for SS items you better check with WRF before you part with your cash.To many S-------s out there and I could after 43 years tell you stories of big name dealers (not just Synder,etc.) who would clip the buttons off your shirt if you had a shirt when they got through with you!!IMO,beware of SS and any high end items.Those on this forum can identify the garbage.

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    greimers ..the guy running it ,according to Facebook pics looks way too young to be a Vietnam vet...and after reading the Facebook page it appears he got all his SS gear from a collector in the US..he had another SS visor that he got from the same guy but has since sold it ...My point is,where does the responsibility lie for selling fakes..i understand even the best can be fooled,but if this is your business you should know..everyone ive met on here has been able to pinpoint issues with items straight away..this is the sold cap Thoughts on this SS artillery red piped NCO's Schirmmütze
    That Kav has been around the world. It is a Wolfram Diebel fake from the late 80's:
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on this SS artillery red piped NCO's Schirmmütze 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is a larger pic from his Facebook page of the SS artillery--he describes it as a "walk in".

Another give-away that this is bad is that this is the mid- to late-war Schellenberg logo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this SS artillery red piped NCO's Schirmmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

This is the "colored pipes" story in its ten thousandth re telling. All too droll and all too mind numbing.

Don't collect SS material if you have not prepared yourself with the required knowledge and sought the mutual aid and done the self help.

Otherwise, such a thing is merely an invitation to madness and despair.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-09-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast