Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tropenhelm - 1st Model but...

Article about: Ok, just came back from the local show today and picked up a few really nice items. Up here is a nice clean 1st model Tropical Pith Helmet. Asked my friend how much and the price was CHEAP!!

I got one at auction and posted it here. Same thing - stamped made in Germany. It was under 100 bucks. Looks like the characteristic green leather chin strap and edging are still intact on your example. Good job. NH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropenhelm - 1st Model but...
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

That is an absolute steel Neil! I know dealer prices are high but I see these going for $600 and up on these sites in good condition.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

some photos of my early issue Tropenhelm before purchase and later on display with a mid-war Bluse. The tropical helmets used to be very cheap but now they are rising in value. I recall them being sold in catalogs back in the 1970s for 29 bucks. NH

Tropenhelm - 1st Model but...Tropenhelm - 1st Model but...Tropenhelm - 1st Model but...

MAP
    ?

Beatiful Neil. I really love the tunic as well. Thanks!!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have a second pattern one in mint condition my wife picked up for me in an antique shop in June .It is also marked "MADE IN GERMANY."My
    research on this forum showed that this was a surplus piece never issued,and marked for export to USA after the war.You did very well to get such a splendid piece.Congradulations!
    Peter

MAP
    ?

Quote by papapanzer View Post
    I have a second pattern one in mint condition my wife picked up for me in an antique shop in June .It is also marked "MADE IN GERMANY."My
    research on this forum showed that this was a surplus piece never issued,and marked for export to USA after the war.You did very well to get such a splendid piece.Congradulations!
    Peter
    That is correct. All of these are surplus. Mine is showing some age on the exterior but it is obvious on the interior that it was never worn. I have a 2nd pattern as well in what appears to be unissued condition but it does not have the export stamps on it.

Some nice pith helmets a lot of these were sold by a company known as "Unique Imports" my brother bought a green felt one from them in 1970 for nine dollars and ninety five cents those were the days. timothy

The 1st pattern olive green pith helmets are now quite hard to find, the later tan examples are a bit easier to find, and the felt type was the final pattern, and they are still fairly common,
    and of course, there were pith helmets from other countries that were impressed into service by the Germans too.....

- - ------- - -

I meant to add, I was referring to the Heer examples....

MAP
    ?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    The 1st pattern olive green pith helmets are now quite hard to find, the later tan examples are a bit easier to find, and the felt type was the final pattern, and they are still fairly common,
    and of course, there were pith helmets from other countries that were impressed into service by the Germans too.....

- - ------- - -

I meant to add, I was referring to the Heer examples....
    Sigh....so now I have to get an example of each to complete the collection???? Just kidding of course!

Default LW Tropenhelm 1st Model

LW Tropenhelm 1st Model
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropenhelm - 1st Model but...   Tropenhelm - 1st Model but...  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast