Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tropical heer "side caps"

Article about: Okay...last request then I will stop bugging everyone We all know about the hoards of "DAK" Tropical HEER overseas caps that were found decades ago, which don't sell for 2 reasons.

Default Tropical heer "side caps"

Okay...last request then I will stop bugging everyone

We all know about the hoards of "DAK" Tropical HEER overseas caps that were found decades ago, which don't sell for 2 reasons. Overpriced & unsure if ever issued. Every one of them I have seen for sale are mint & unissued condition in every branch of service there was. Dealers can't move them because they paid high for them years ago, now don't want to take a hit selling for less. Plus, very few have interest in one. EVERY US show, whether a small local show or a big show, I see them neatly stacked side by side in all branches, $800-900 price tag usually. Same price they were 10-15 years ago

I know the Germans preferred the M40 style cap over the pith helmet, but I have never seen film footage or pics of the side cap in wear

Does anyone have period pics of the Tropical Heer side cap being worn ?

Thanks, David
    Attached Images Attached Images Tropical heer "side caps"  Tropical heer "side caps" 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical heer "side caps"
    P
    Many

I think the sie caps were mainly used by Panzer troops within the confines of their tanks, all the photos I have ever seen of them being
    worn were by these troops, I think the rest preferred the standard M40 cloth cap with the peak. Side caps were probably on a very limited
    issue to the troops in north Africa anyway.

Sun helmets (pith helmets) were used by rear echelon troops to a fair degree too.....

-Bob

Thanks Bob !! Okay, Panzer troops it is !!

?

Here are a few pictures from this book.

Tropical heer "side caps"Tropical heer "side caps"

Thanks Aldo. I have the book sitting 5 feet away from me.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Thanks Aldo. I have the book sitting 5 feet away from me.
    If I was drinking something I would have spit it out!!!!! LoL!!!

And...I guess I'm a sucker because I own one of these "unissued" caps in a pea headed size....san's soutache to boot...even less desirable....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    If I was drinking something I would have spit it out!!!!! LoL!!!

And...I guess I'm a sucker because I own one of these "unissued" caps in a pea headed size....san's soutache to boot...even less desirable....
    Yeah...if you notice my "emoticon" is one of embarrassment.

?

Lol. I ust read this post, and sure enough Hiscoll just posted one for 590 euros. Love when weird coincidences happen.

Hi Visor....at least they are dropping in price a bit

The other thing to be aware of these is many are said to have had soutaches added to increase their value.....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast