Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Troppenhelm insignia question

Article about: Hello friends, This Troppenhelm has replaced shields. I am not sure if the Heer insignia is an authentic example and would appreciate feedback. Thanks in advance. Neil

Default Troppenhelm insignia question

Hello friends, This Troppenhelm has replaced shields. I am not sure if the Heer insignia is an authentic example and would appreciate feedback. Thanks in advance. Neil

Troppenhelm insignia questionTroppenhelm insignia questionTroppenhelm insignia question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Troppenhelm insignia question
    P
    Many

Neil, not my area of specialization, but I would assume those who do will need to see the reverse.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Looks ok to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Adrian - thanks! The insignia were replaced and are as squeaky clean as the Troppenhelm. I was concerned it may not be a period Heer insignia. This puts my mind to rest. NH

Hello Neil,
    Please have a look at these two threads, quite a few photos posted there. As well as info on how to tell if they are original or not.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...re-one-689116/
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...hields-225838/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph, Thanks. Still hazy but from my experience with other insignia it appears my example is a cast copy. The detail on the eagle beak and chest feathers is lacking. I can't tell if the background is pebbled. : ( NH

After looking at previous posts and examining the first posted shield I concluded the first one is a reproduction. The second shield posted was purchased from the Collector's Guild in Canada and exhibits all of the qualities of an accepted original by JR&S. All of the details are sharper in the head, beak, chest feathers and talons. Reverse shows details consistent with original examples as well. NH

Troppenhelm insignia questionTroppenhelm insignia questionTroppenhelm insignia questionTroppenhelm insignia question