MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A True Color-Piped Luftwaffe Erel Officer's Visor

Article about: Stonemint, that is one truly exceptional cap, in excellent condition, who knows it could even be the one in the photo, ive never heard or even seen one before now, it has always amazed me ju

?

Default Re: A True Color-Piped Luftwaffe Erel Officer's Visor

A beautifully conditioned and super rare visor Chris! Thanks for giving us a look!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A True Color-Piped Luftwaffe Erel Officer's Visor
    P
    Many

Nice cap.

A rare one indeed.

congrats

tony

Thanks for the kind comments, all. I have been looking for one of these for a long time--99.9% on the market today are just re-badged Feuerwehr visors or outright repros.

Here is a link to the EM/NCO version: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...r-visor-29704/
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Stunningly beautiful cap! Congratulations and thanks for sharing it with all.

Richard

Hi Stonemint et al

In response to your earlier comment about re-badged fire officers and the need to be careful here one I used to own.

Here you go..... a learning curve for me from my files.

At first glance a spot on all singing and dancing lufti fire police/brigade officals nco cap. They were the only one allowed to wear the lufi in signia as other staff were civilian and had there own insignia.....example to follow.

The cap has a black velvet band and not cotton and a weird plastic style lining inside (I know what your thinking but I was young and too keen in those days). It's a cracking example of an early post war fire cap though.

Almost worth collecting in there own right..................now there a thought.......

cheers

tony

here are the shots.

The second cap I cheated and added the insignia for illustration purposes.

A True Color-Piped Luftwaffe Erel Officer's VisorA True Color-Piped Luftwaffe Erel Officer's VisorA True Color-Piped Luftwaffe Erel Officer's Visor

Tony, I can never say never. There may be some Feuerwehr personnel who were "appropriated" to work at a LW airfield, and instead of buying a whole new cap, simply removed their FW cockade and eagle and replaced it with the LW (or LW-civil) insignia. However, there is no way to tell for sure when the switch was done.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

i love luft items and this one is great..!!

Quote by stonemint View Post
    This hat is extremely rare, and in fact, is the only one I know of in the world
    Stonemint- I've been looking at this thread so many times. Guess this must be one of my favourite visors on the forum. Absolutely unique piece of headgear. Do you still have it in your collection?

?

Simply an awesome cap! Beautiful colors. I’ve always liked the look and colors of the fire brigade uniforms and hats, very sharp!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast