Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???

Article about: Hi, I have just bought these two overseas caps. The man I got these from have had them both in 45 years - I know him well. What do you think of them? And does anyone have an idea to where th

Default Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???

Hi,

I have just bought these two overseas caps.
    The man I got these from have had them both in 45 years - I know him well.

What do you think of them?
    And does anyone have an idea to where the black one comes from?

What is the correct price for these?

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???   Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???  

Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???   Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???  

Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???   Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???

I think the red is French. Not sure, it's old.

- - Updated - -

sorry, the black one

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Could you take a clear flat shot of the insignia on the Heer officer? It looks like an embroidered roundle but flatwire eagle. I am not a hat expert by any means but I like the look of it so far. I would love to see some shots of the grommets too.

The Black overseas hat looks to be Belgian to me. See how much I know?!?

Fred

?

Top looks to be a M38 Signal Officers mütze. The bottom one i have not much idea about. I looks like a Imperial Russian insignia. I have seen some much like that one on Imperial belt buckles.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

Could you take a clear flat shot of the insignia on the Heer officer? It looks like an embroidered roundle but flatwire eagle. I am not a hat expert by any means but I like the look of it so far. I would love to see some shots of the grommets too.

The Black overseas hat looks to be Belgian to me. See how much I know?!?

Fred
    Especially the inside of the grommets/vents

Regards, Lars

Here is more pictures - grommets and eagle.

What can you tell from them?
    And what about the eagle?
    ...the head of the eagle is present - bent towards back of the eagle.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???   Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???  

Two "new" overseas caps to my collection - one German, and one ???  

Fred Green
    ?

Hello replace,

I like the looks of the grommets both from the inside and the outside. I like the officer piping, base material of the hat and the lining. I cannot tell about the eagle. It is very worn. Is it machine applied? Can we get a picture of all of the insignia? Maybe just the roundle and then all together. I would also like to see where the Soutouche goes into the hat from the inside of the fold. I am not a hat guy but I like what I see so far!!

Fred

Very nice caps ! original

Hi

Nice 1938 pattern officers cap. Original as already stated.

Second cap is artillery other ranks cap for either belgian or French army (i think)

cheers

Tony

Hi,

Again - here is more pictures:-)

Pictures of insignia and soutouche.

Bought both as original - very fair price!

Has been told that the black one could be "legion etrangere"?
    ...but again, also Belgian gendarmerie.

Regards
    Replace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast