Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias

Article about: Hi, What do you think about this Ukrainian volunteer in the Wehrmacht, visor cap & items ? Common, Rare, Very rare ? Thank you for replies. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

?

Default Re: Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias

I have not seen POA collartabs for sale in shops/dealers lately, i have bought my humble items from private collectors, so then prices are often different. But i am very sure there are someone on this forum who can help you in placing a value on your new treasures.

Edit: forgot detail

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias

Hi,

OK ; thank you for the reply.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The cap badge is for a Ukrainian Roland Battalion member. These cap badges until just recently used to be Extremely Rare-between Bob Coleman and myself, in over 40 years, we both had seen only one of these badges. Apparently, there has recently been discovered either a Box of these badges or else a hoard somewhere has been uncovered. ....
    Never too late for revision and addenda.
    The cap badge is n o t for Ukrainian Roland Btn. whose members donned Czech garb with an "Im Dienst der Deutschen Wehrmacht" armlet. Being an Abwehr sub-unit of under cover Ukrainians and given the short existence of the formation, the introduction of a specific cockade is unlikely.You may have been misled by the fact that after the disbandment of the Roland Btn. its members joined a SchuMa Btn. (201) and the Ukrainian SchuMa did use this badge to a certain extent. Conversely, this cockade is definitely attributed to what the German called Ukrainian Polizei, which was raised in the District "Galicia" of the General Gouvernement . It was also used by SchuMa, UPA , Bunchuzhny and even in the 14th WSS division. An oval variation existed as well and it was prescribed for the UNA.
    I’m not aware of this 2013 hoard, but I have seen many since the early 1980s’ … they have been rather common on this side of the Atlantic and haven’t impressed too much . I have got half a dozen of them unsold for years. By no means rare.
    MP

Hi,

Thank you for the informations.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

?

Good day. I am a new user on this forum. I'm from Ukraine! Here is my article in Ukrainian. If anyone interested please contact!Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias

?

The make of this cap is interesting. It seems to have a detachable top which was stiched to the body to fix it. And the piping overlaps at the front seam. I wonder whether this was done by itention or by error (normally it overlaps at the back seam).

Hi,

I thank you all for the replies, great infos and the photos from "taras" , thank you very much.
    Best regards from Alsace, France.
    Carfin.

?

ROA - shoulder emblem Russian Liberation Army. Judging from the photo, the originality is difficult to establish; As for the peak cap - the original, according to the cut and matter, but keeping this thing in hand, you can establish a 100% originality! Cockade armed forces of the Ukrainian state in 1918 or volunteer Ukrainian military units in the Wehrmacht during the Second World War - the original, not found often!

?

ось фото кращої якості
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias   Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias  

Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias   Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias  

Ukrainian volunteer visor cap & POA insignias  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2