Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

An Unexciting Schirmmütze

Article about: Most people do not care for Beamte, as they were administrative officials, ie, paper pushers. But what can I say, i never was one to go with the flow when it comes to hats.

Default An Unexciting Schirmmütze

Most people do not care for Beamte, as they were administrative officials, ie, paper pushers. But what can I say, i never was one to go with the flow when it comes to hats.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Unexciting Schirmmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An Unexciting Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: An Unexciting Schirmmütze

Hat has a peak like Mt. Everest, characteristic of this era of CW's (early war):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Unexciting Schirmmütze  

Unlike a lot of OKK visors which have metal wreaths replaced with bullion, this one is original to the hat. Stitching does not go thru the lining.

This hat was issued, but must have been worn only once--there is no wear at all. This is CW's top of the line with their own version of the Stirndruckfrei system.

Tag is oilcloth and attached to the spring--it is very rare to find these intact, as most were ripped out or taken out with the spring.

The size tag has both a date and a price on it. Price is 10.70 RM, and the date is May 6, 1942.

This is a triple-marked Clemens Wagner. First on the lining, then the exterior of the sweatband, and the stamp on the inside, showing the sweatband was made in April 1942.

Mint cap - I like it, and find it extremely nice.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

As per Steve's comment,
    extremely nice visor.
    Well done.

Thanks, guys. Here is the exterior sweatband marking, advertising CW's stirndruckfrei feature. On some it is inked in, on others not (as with this one):

Clearer view of the spring tag. Basically states that the cap will retain its shape even without the spring. (Someone can post an exact translation if they desire):

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast