Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

An Unexciting Schirmmütze

Article about: Most people do not care for Beamte, as they were administrative officials, ie, paper pushers. But what can I say, i never was one to go with the flow when it comes to hats.

Default re: An Unexciting Schirmmütze

Under the hood shot showing "the art of the fold" (pleating) and the lack of threads thru the lining--this wreath was attached at the factory in Braunschweig:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Unexciting Schirmmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An Unexciting Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Here is a comparison of 2 Beamten visors. The other is an Erel circa 39. Both hats are exactly the same size (57), but the CW has a higher peak, more padding, and and a larger circumference around the crown:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Unexciting Schirmmütze  

Unexciting nothing. This is a remarkable example, thanks for sharing. I've always thought that there is an unheralded dignity in the less modish branches of military service. An uncle of mine was a legal liaison of sorts during the Vietnam war; by no means a front line guy. His stories are always fascinating.

This shows how wildly shades of green (and any other color) can vary from maker to maker:

Das ist alles, Volks--I hope you all weren't too bored with this thread.....

Translation: Before wearing, remove the storage iron with this band and the form (of the cap) remains weather proof.

A very nice cap, and for anyone who knows the civil military structure of the Wehrmacht, the Heeresbeamte played their vital role. A nice piece.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-24-2012 at 05:16 AM.

An Unexciting Schirmmütze
    Quote by stonemint View Post
    This shows how wildly shades of green (and any other color) can vary from maker to maker:
    That is, the shades of green varied from the woolen mill that made the piping. The shades of red and virtually all the colors varied, to be sure.

?

I have always liked the beamte caps.
    Great example friend.

Thanks for the translation, F-B.

I guess as a paper-pusher myself, I subconsciously empathize with these guys.....

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Thanks for the translation, F-B.

I guess as a paper-pusher myself, I subconsciously empathize with these guys.....
    These people constituted an important part of the Wehrmacht, even if such was not enshrined in glory in the Deutsche Wochenschau or, more oddly, in the collector group think that gets propagated elsewhere.
    As one with a long military experience, I always regards each part of the whole as vital, actually.
    In any case, the cap is in perfect condition and has a date, which is also interesting.
    I had a mint Lubstein cap of this type that I deaccessioned. It had the embroidered cockade over the magic vent, in fact.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast