Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown Third Reich Visor?

Article about: I just found this pretty interesting. I found the coat of arms for Regensburg, Germany. And the keys on the shield kind of match the keys on my visor. I know the keys are inverted on the vis

Default Unknown Third Reich Visor?

Anybody seen one of these before? If so what is it? Is it rare? Thanks for any info.

Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Third Reich Visor?
    P
    Many

The keys are usually associated with night watchmen. This appears to be a Weimar-era cap.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I'm sure not intended to be funny but it really is....the Night Watchman's cap. Has got to be rare.

Is $300 US too much for the condition and rarity of this item?

I'd pay that much. I think it's really cool.

DRK
    ?

"Wach Und Schlies Gesellschaft" ..... rare in my opinion.... first one I see....
    This "organization" is also mentioned in the Assmann catalogue so they were also active in the Third Reich.

Theo

Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?

?

I think $300 is very reasonable, and the market for obscure TR civil caps is strengthening!

DRK
    ?

Quote by Arran View Post
    I think $300 is very reasonable, and the market for obscure TR civil caps is strengthening!
    Yes , the market for TR civil caps is indeed strengthening , that's for sure....

Theo

Quote by DRK View Post
    "Wach Und Schlies Gesellschaft" ..... rare in my opinion.... first one I see....
    This "organization" is also mentioned in the Assmann catalogue so they were also active in the Third Reich.
    It's actually not a single organization.

The term "Wach- und Schließgesellschaft" (and minor variations thereof) was and is used in the corporation names of various private security companies.

Their history is more than a century long by now: The first "Wach- und Schließinstitut" was founded in Hanover in 1901; the Wach- und Schließgesellschaften of Munich and Berlin were founded the next year, in April and June 1902 respectively.

The crossed keys - in a variety of design variations - are the traditional symbol of such corporations and are still used today. As a wholly random example, here is the site of the Wiesbadener Wach- und Schließgesellschaft (est. 1907):

Wir über uns - wachundschliess.de

A Google image search for "Wach und Schließgesellschaft Logo" or a similar term will turn up many more examples.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-05-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks for the inofo gentlemen. They say the best time to purchase is when you see it, (of course I wait for the experts opionions on here first now) so I did order it. I'll put better photo's on when I receive it. The website also posted a TR Mining officials visor on their website as well. They have great stuff and have never had any problems with them.

Stewart's Military Antiques and Collectible Militaria and 19th Century Photography

Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast