Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown Third Reich Visor?

Article about: I just found this pretty interesting. I found the coat of arms for Regensburg, Germany. And the keys on the shield kind of match the keys on my visor. I know the keys are inverted on the vis

?

Interesting cap friend.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Third Reich Visor?
    P
    Many

Many civil headgear is pretty much undervalued. All want to collect Armed Forces, or political headgear
    and especialy "things" from the SS. I never understood. Civil can have its grace, isn't? No doubt about it!

Such civil guard units came into being in about 1901, where the first was created at Hannover, as HPL2008
    mentions. The shown cap looks great and in this style was worn since the 1920's, but also after the war.
    With practically the same symbols.

In about 1935 there were over 375 smaller concerns that were know as Wach- und Schliessgesellschaften.
    There was also an umbrella-organization: Reichsverband des Deutschen Bewachungsgewerbes e.V.
    , which had their own special insignia. About 10,000 men were incorporated at that moment. Their job was
    to guard in cities, mainly during the nights (and not factories, as for that the Werkschutz existed during the TR-period).

I many manufacturer's cataloques the insignia was shown, the crossed keys as the main symbol. Shown a
    not best copy from a 1939-cataloque from Fr. Linden, which has the wreath as shown with the cap from post 1.
    Further shown a member, wearing the style cap. He is from Dresden. It is a late 1930 photograph. And a
    second photograph with also just the keys-symbol. The photo is from 1933. Note his cap has different colors
    (the cap band above all and lighter pipings). When found such cap without any symbols one would think it is
    a cap for a tramways-company.

Unknown Third Reich Visor? Unknown Third Reich Visor?

Attached Images Attached Images Unknown Third Reich Visor? 

DRK
    ?

Fantastic pictures Wim !!!

Theo

Iv never seen one like it, I learned something new today as well

A single key can denote Treasury/finance as well cant it (not in reference to this hat)

Thanks so much for the info on this visor. Kind of neat to find something that not too many have in their visor collections. Come to think of it I've never seen one of these before. Very interesting history

- - ------- - -

Don't believe I've ever seen a cockade like the one on this visor either

I received the visor. It's in descent shape. The interior has not aged well. I'll post some photo's tonight when I get home. For the headgear experts, what specific photo's would you like to see of the visor? I appreciate the help on this item. Best regards...

Default Here it is!

I know it may not look desirable to some but I took a chance on it because I have never seen another. Because of this I feel it might be somewhat rare, and I've liked the history that I have learned about it on hereUnknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?Unknown Third Reich Visor?. Here are some photo's and I hope somebody on here can fill me in a little more on it.

DRK
    ?

Thanks for posting the pictures , you have a rare piece of civil headgear

Don't worry about your visor being desirable or not..... I've noticed that civil headgear is getting more and more desirable lateley......
    Watching e-stands , Ebay and dealer sites , I noticed that civil headgear is selling faster and the prices have gone higher......

Regards ,

Theo

Nice cap !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast