Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual cap insignia?

Article about: I was looking through an old Hitler Youth magazine when I came across this interesting photo. The officer in the picture (maybe Himmler?) appears to be wearing an Allgemeine-SS Officer visor

Default Unusual cap insignia?

I was looking through an old Hitler Youth magazine when I came across this interesting photo. The officer in the picture (maybe Himmler?) appears to be wearing an Allgemeine-SS Officer visor Cap with a floating swastika insignia in the place of the usual eagle insignia. I'm assuming the blurry area covers the Totenkopf.

Unusual cap insignia?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual cap insignia?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unusual cap insignia?

Hello, I am pretty sure that the insignia is of a Belgium member of the Germanic SS.
    Thanks, Glen.

It looks possibly edited in? Maybe done to make him look more 'nazi' for propaganda.

?

If the Totenkopf is blurred due to movement, his face and the rest of the cap should be blurred too. I think the photo has been messed with.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

If you enlarge the photo the swastika is also slightly blurred. The swastika would have been made from a shinny metal which is why it appears so bright in the photo.
    Thanks, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images Unusual cap insignia? 

The man in your picture is Konrad Henlein. The cap is for the Sudetendeutsche Partei and the badge on the band is not a blurred totenkopf but the black/red/black Sudeten colours.
    Here is a better view.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual cap insignia?  

Thank you for that info. I had never heard of this branch of the SS before, or seen this type of insignia. You have to admit, he has a striking resemblance to Himmler in that first photo.

Corey