Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unusual Heer Chaplain's Schirmmütze , or....?

Article about: Violet or purple we agree. My wife also says it is violet and we all agree woman are better judges of color shades. If you have ever redecorated a house, you will know what I mean.

?

Default Unusual Heer Chaplain's Schirmmütze , or....?

Seems not chaplain despite the purplish (rayon!) piping b/c there's an e.m. C'strap. Anyway more violet by far then medicals i've seen. Pic made in natural overcast light. Comments please? Cheers, dw
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Heer Chaplain's Schirmmütze , or....?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Heer Chaplain's Schirmmütze , or....?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Unusual Heer Chaplain's Schirmmütze , or....?

another.... this piping is odd - at some angles in the same light it's a bit more blue other times purple! in hand it's to the violet end of the spectrum, tho...
    Attached Images Attached Images Unusual Heer Chaplain's Schirmmütze , or....? 

?

sadly the sweat diamond with the maker name has fallen away but it's nice quality prewar teller form. anyone suggest a value range? thanks again.

Hi

I reckon medical on these pictures, the chaplin is a very different colour than this IMO.

That said unless the cap is in your hand and in natural light it is always a hard call to make. I have seen a few "purple" caps in my time being sold as Chaplins, value as ever is subjective and to do with condition and maker etc. The medical nco is not a high value cap.

hope this helps

Tony

?

Cheers tony - maybe i can make some more..... David

Quote by spandau View Post
    hi

i reckon medical on these pictures, the chaplin is a very different colour than this imo.

That said unless the cap is in your hand and in natural light it is always a hard call to make. I have seen a few "purple" caps in my time being sold as chaplins, value as ever is subjective and to do with condition and maker etc. The medical nco is not a high value cap.

Hope this helps

tony

There were "Officials of the Chaplains Service" who served as sacristans and sextons or as office clerks, it could be for one of them as there as they were of the medium career which did encompass unteroffizier mit Portepee after 12 years service.

Larry

?

thanks loads larry - are you tending towards that direction yourself? anyone else, please?
    Quote by laurence strong View Post
    There were "Officials of the Chaplains Service" who served as sacristans and sextons or as office clerks, it could be for one of them as there as they were of the medium career which did encompass unteroffizier mit Portepee after 12 years service.

Larry

?

but, did members of these groups - which one suspects was far from many in number, have the gothic device on their caps - or just the 'officer' ranks like feldbischoff etc?

Just my 2 cents......I feel that there was no Gothic device as the "swastika" was deemed the Gothic device and divine rule. Just my opinion. Interesting cap and great topic!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

thanks a lot, larry. are you questioning if the cross would've not been worn only for lower 'rank' clerics in the army? 'coz for sure there are period pix showing the cross on caps, 'round chaplains' necks, displayed at funerals and on countless servicemens' death cards..... sometimes showing jesus and even sometimes for W-SS men!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast