Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Luftwaffe Flying Helmet

Article about: Hey guys, Could I have your thoughts on this unusual flying helmet please, it's seems strange that it can only receive and not transmit. The ear housings are bakelite. Cheers. Kev.

Default Unusual Luftwaffe Flying Helmet

Hey guys,
    Could I have your thoughts on this unusual flying helmet please, it's seems strange that it can only receive and not transmit. The ear housings are bakelite.
    Cheers.
    Kev.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Luftwaffe Flying Helmet   Unusual Luftwaffe Flying Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Luftwaffe Flying Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by keflin2612 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Could I have your thoughts on this unusual flying helmet please, it's seems strange that it can only receive and not transmit. The ear housings are bakelite.
    Cheers.
    Kev.
    noting that it can only receive and not transmit, may be a trainer helmet.....
    Dave H

I have never owned a Luftwaffe flying helmet, and I don't know much about them. But I still don't understand the logic behind the statement that it can only receive, but not transmit. Surely if a throat microphone was attached, it would be possible for the wearer to transmit!

?

Harry is 100% correct. You need to get the throat mic to finish the Flight Helmet

Not mine but here is a pic of what you need to find.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I have never owned a Luftwaffe flying helmet, and I don't know much about them. But I still don't understand the logic behind the statement that it can only receive, but not transmit. Surely if a throat microphone was attached, it would be possible for the wearer to transmit!
    maybe i can help...on WW 2 US trainer flight helmets they used the gosport system... where a single tube from where the instructor spoke into went to the ear receiver of the trainee...but there was no tube from the trainee to talk to the instructor...meaning no communication back to instructor so he had to pay strict attention to instructor.. I notice only 1 wire (electronic) on this German trainer helmet..so i believe it is same concept as gosport system only electronic.....Dave H

Unusual Luftwaffe Flying HelmetUnusual Luftwaffe Flying Helmet
    hope these photo's can show what i mean ....Dave H

?

Looks like an early war LKps 100 Germany index

Quote by duska View Post
    Looks like an early war LKps 100 Germany index
    Duska,
    you are correct they look like the early oval LKp s receiver covers.....here is a photo of a WW 2 RAF helmet with a similar type gosport as the U.S....also pictured is a German LKp w 100.....notice the elastic that attaches to the throat mics.....no elastic on the helmet in post 1
    Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Luftwaffe Flying Helmet   Unusual Luftwaffe Flying Helmet  

hi,
    I have exactly the same helmet. Mine has a label with a model number but I am missing the connector. Could you please post a picture of the connector? I will post a picture of the label. Most likely there was an external throatmike for this proto helmet. Many thanks