Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

use of "gepruft" in caps

Article about: Hi Just finished the washing up, and plenty of it there was, during which my mind wandered thinking: a) why don't I buy a dish washer ? and b) when a cap was marked gepruft or given it's acc

Default use of "gepruft" in caps

Hi

Just finished the washing up, and plenty of it there was, during which my mind wandered thinking:

a) why don't I buy a dish washer ? and

b) when a cap was marked gepruft or given it's acceptance stamp by a unit was this administered just to private purchase caps for other ranks or did the officers also have to get their cap inspected ?

I have two examples that are officers (in respect of having the silver cord) but are marked with acceptance stamps.

My conclusion is that they are "upgrades" and were originally other ranks private purchased caps.

It would be nice to know either way though.

Any thoughts please ?

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement use of "gepruft" in caps
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: use of "gepruft" in caps

Private purchase Officers dish washers were usualy not "gepruft" marked, not unless the limescale removing Division had to repair one and then pass it as fit for use.

Jasper Carrott - Nazi washing machine commercial - YouTube

Thanks Ben,

Thats "cleared" things up nicely.

I thought they were just fairy (liquid) stories but I guess the truth always comes out in the wash.

cheers

tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

Just finished the washing up, and plenty of it there was, during which my mind wandered thinking:

a) why don't I buy a dish washer ? and

b) when a cap was marked gepruft or given it's acceptance stamp by a unit was this administered just to private purchase caps for other ranks or did the officers also have to get their cap inspected ?

I have two examples that are officers (in respect of having the silver cord) but are marked with acceptance stamps.

My conclusion is that they are "upgrades" and were originally other ranks private purchased caps.

It would be nice to know either way though.

Any thoughts please ?

cheers

tony
    The articles I appended in the Muetzenfabrik thread speak to this point. Many enlisted troops bought extra caps, which were in turn inspected by commanders or by whomever designated to conform with regulations, which such caps often did not. When you consider how the German army grew in size in the course of say from 1935 until 1944, then such promotions are hardly exceptional. It is also true that enlisted or NCO Extra caps have been made into officer's caps by the fakes and frauds sections. Such is the case, perhaps, when the Gehirnbremse does not fit properly.

Thanks FB !

cheers

tony