Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

very salty Heer pioneer feldmütze

Article about: Bought this today at a fleamarket. Looks to have had a black soutache which has been removed, as has the cockade. Has lining inside the dome panel and a sweatband, grommets look to be origin

?

Default re: very salty Heer pioneer feldmütze

It was packed just there now Jerry!

Marko's cafe has a picture of Stacey on the wall! hehehehe!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement very salty Heer pioneer feldmütze
    P
    Many

The island is booming because of it, coachloads of tourists, by all accounts! I noticed signs up saying this was the amusement arcade etc... used for filming it. Get it while you can and good luck to them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A few more pics in natural light.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture very salty Heer pioneer feldmütze   very salty Heer pioneer feldmütze  

very salty Heer pioneer feldmütze   very salty Heer pioneer feldmütze  

Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    Nadolig Llawen Ben and Kris,

Not a fixer upper I think, though I might replace the missing cockade, as I have a few. I like it, full of character - or very holy - and it was sensibly priced and the only original item I saw there today. And it is an interesting version, I have not seen one with this type of sweat band and only lined in the dome.

Thanks for the comments guys and all the best for the new year.
    Exactly Jerry, intresting material to compare to if better shows up.
    That is my idea of collecting TR items.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Best wishes for the new year as well!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks Kris. I like it and will keep it and I will probably leave it as is. A piece of history, if only we knew it's story.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

The more I look at this cap, the more interesting it is. I've never ever seen similar damage and it seems to be due to combat, hot shrapnel or burning fluid etc.
    Remarkable! and I'd be glad to have it in my collection.

In the hand Ben, it is obviously from contact with lots of small hot objects and as you say shrapnel or maybe fluid, which I had not considered and a little bit of mothing as well. As you say, not something you see, mostly caps like this just have the mothing, which is always sad to see, but this is something different.
    Regards,

Jerry

Looks like the cap itself was tortured by a kid with a lit cigarette, but probably small shrapnel as already expounded upon.

I wholeheartedly agree...great specimen for future comparison, sure enough someone will say a sweatband of this sort is impossible in an E.M. example, or this grommet type, or (insert favorite) isn't found on originals. It will surely be of future use.

Congratulations!

Richard

Thanks Richard and I can see what you mean about a kid with a ciggy, though thankfully some of the burns have a shape that suggests something else. My first thoughts were it had been left lying around in a welders/blacksmiths type environment, which might be the case, but I prefer to think of it as 'battle' damage. It was very cheap and priced about the same as an undamaged eagle would be on it's own.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Thanks Richard and I can see what you mean about a kid with a ciggy, though thankfully some of the burns have a shape that suggests something else. My first thoughts were it had been left lying around in a welders/blacksmiths type environment, which might be the case, but I prefer to think of it as 'battle' damage. It was very cheap and priced about the same as an undamaged eagle would be on it's own.
    Its a very nice cap, I would love to have something like that in my collection and the its very unique.

regards,
    Patrick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast