Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Visor cap display solutions?

Article about: Here is a hat on a standard Michaels cotton pillow. No pressure on the visor, as the visor follows the pillow drop-off. I also put one moth ball on the pillow:

Default Re: Visor cap display solutions?

Here is a hat on a standard Michaels cotton pillow. No pressure on the visor, as the visor follows the pillow drop-off. I also put one moth ball on the pillow:
    Attached Images Attached Images Visor cap display solutions? 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor cap display solutions?
    P
    Many

dhcoleterracina
    ?

I've had good luck with hat blocks/stretchers. I find them on ebay for under $10 each. Be sure not to over-stretch them because damage could easily occur

Hey guys, how about this idea? Get a plain black (or whatever color I suppose) fitted (that is, non-adjustable) baseball cap with a formed crown. Turn it backward, set your visor cap on top and voila.

You can find plain fitted hats for like 8 USD on eBay, just search for "fitted baseball cap plain". The biggest thing to consider, of course, is the size of your visor cap in relation to its makeshift stand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor cap display solutions?   Visor cap display solutions?  

?

Guys, a very cheap method to display caps and hats is to use plastic footballs, cut them in half or to fit the hat etc paint them black and rest the hat/cap on the plastic, it works really well and keeps the shape of the piece very nicely and also stops the peak from resting against anything

?

I use these stands. They help recover the shape of misshapen visors, put no pressure on the visor peak or the crown. I tighten the frame ever so lightly, just enough to hold the visor by friction. They can make a collection look very sharp.

Mr. Greenwade is wonderful to do business with.

Headgear Displays

Quote by Tricot View Post
    I use these stands. They help recover the shape of misshapen visors, put no pressure on the visor peak or the crown. I tighten the frame ever so lightly, just enough to hold the visor by friction. They can make a collection look very sharp.

Headgear Displays
    Skip has a very nice design . . . but for me personally, I prefer the fabrication to made in stainless steel over wood. I once approached Skip about making his design in stainless, and he did not show much interest - so I made my own. Works the same way - with friction. When I sold off all of my caps, the new owner was so impressed with the support, that he paid me to make a few more for the rest of his cap collection . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor cap display solutions?   Visor cap display solutions?  

Visor cap display solutions?   Visor cap display solutions?  

Quote by Tricot View Post

Headgear Displays
    Very nice! The perfect solution, really... A bit pricey, though certainly worth the price. For now I would probably save the $50 toward a cap.

?

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    Very nice! The perfect solution, really... A bit pricey, though certainly worth the price. For now I would probably save the $50 toward a cap.
    I ended up getting stands for all my collection, if you got short and tall you can fit more visors in a limited space. Also use them for helmets.

After a few weeks the visors that were losing the shape or bending are already coming back.

?

There was a guy named Skipper Greenwade from Crosby, TX, who was doing nice, inexpensive visor cap stands a few years back. He may still be around.

Hey, I've had the same problem, Where do I store my visors? I'm thinking about geeting a glass-topped display case to keep the dust off them, once the dust gets on, it's hard to get off. Any Ideas?
    Thanks
    Trevor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast