Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Visor cap display solutions?

Article about: Here is a hat on a standard Michaels cotton pillow. No pressure on the visor, as the visor follows the pillow drop-off. I also put one moth ball on the pillow:

?

Default Re: Visor cap display solutions?

I store my caps in several of these vertical hanging hat storage files; completely free of dust and potential mothing. I bring them out for photographing or presentation; otherwise they remain protected.

I buy them at the local Container Store - probably available online.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor cap display solutions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor cap display solutions?
    P
    Many

Nice caps you have there Frog! Would love to see more of them from different angles.

?

You know, I have shown many of my caps on this forum in the past, but cannot figure out (under the new format) how to refer you to these posts. I've tried, but no luck so far.

Hi Bruce, just find the old thread to which you wish to refer to. Copy the link by right clicking on it and hit "Copy". Then make your reply in the new thread and right click again hitting the "Paste" option. That is it. The link will then appear.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks, Ade. I suppose the problem is that I can't recall the exact thread titles!
    I
    Tampalam, I could send you file photos if you like; most members have seen these already, and I don't want to be redundant. Advise.

Best - Frog

Hello,

Found this link "http://www.skippergreenwade.com/HEADGEAR-DISPLAYS.html" I have not purchased from them but thought you guys would like to know about it and they seem to offer some nice stuff.

Hope this Thread is not totally dead....

I neglected to add that I have all my hats in Jumbo storage bags (2&1/2 gallon). Not pretty to look at, but I never worry about dust or bugs....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I recommend using either small pillows (I get mine at Michael's craft stores) or car-wash sponges. The sponges can be cut down and completely eliminate any pressure on the visor, and help the hat keep its shape (and also eliminates the bulge on the crown from a head-form).

I use both methods.
    I've been looking at this tread now for a number of months as I try to determine the best we to display and preserve my hats. I like the idea of a stand, and have a few myself. I usually on uses this method for lightweight caps (sidecaps, M43, etc).

However for visors, I'm still stuck. I liked the idea of the sponge. Instead I bought a number of feet of open cell foam (like in seat cushions) and cut it to the shape of the hat.

My question however is: will the open cell foam harm the leather sweatband over time? Should it cover the foam in an old cotton tee shirt?

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have used foam head for around 5 years and there has been no visible change to the sweatband so from my position i think it would come down just to your personal preference of weather you feel better with the foam or the foam and cloth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast