Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Visor Cap ID help..pics

Article about: Hello- I was hoping someone could help me ID this visor cap, I really don’t know much about these caps. This was past down to me from a cousin who served in the US Army during the mid 1960’s

dogface72
    ?

Default Visor Cap ID help..pics

Hello-

I was hoping someone could help me ID this visor cap, I really don’t know much about these caps. This was past down to me from a cousin who served in the US Army during the mid 1960’s and was station in Germany. I believe it to be from 1939 – 1945, but I’m not sure. I have spent countless hours searching for pictures of it online with negative results. It is not for sale, but I would like to know what branch/unit/rank it may have been issues to or be from. All advice appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Maher
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor Cap ID help..pics   Visor Cap ID help..pics  

Visor Cap ID help..pics  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Visor Cap ID help..pics

Well for me its original.

And the purpose / unit where it has been used is standing in the visor cap --> "nationalsozialistischer Soldatenbund".

Br Pzb14

dogface72
    ?

Thank you. anyone have a picture of a soldier wearing this cap?
    I quess I don't undertand what unit or branch of service this would have been issued to. Excuse my ignorance.

dogface72
    ?

Thank you. anyone have a picture of a soldier wearing this cap?
    I quess I don't undertand what unit or branch of service this would have been issued to. Excuse my ignorance. I did find this, so I guess it was not issued to a military unit?
    Attached Images Attached Images Visor Cap ID help..pics 

dogface72
    ?

the visors pictured are very similar, but the main emblem is a little different as it has the German Cross and the Swastika.

OKW
    ?

Its the old soldier organisation, rather like the American Legion only more so, all the different bodies representing old soldiers were gathered together under one Nazi supervised one.

?

That is 3 Reich Veterans assotiation cap
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Correct, it is for the Soldatenbund. This organisation existed only for 3 years (36-39), when it was absorbed into the newly-formed
    Reichskriegerbund in 1939. The white piping signifies that the veteran was in the infantry. There were no formal uniforms per se, but they did were a dark blue double-breasted jacket with the Soldatenbund insignia pinned to the right breast.

I did a thread on the Soldatenbund a while back--I will pull it to the top.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Stony is a real political civil maniac, a true and rare expert about this branch...

dogface72
    ?

Good deal. Had no idea until I posted here. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast