Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)

Article about: Adolf Hitler’s – Leader of Nazi Germany Visor Hat There can be no more recognizable hat during World War II than that of Adolf Hitler’s wartime gray visor hat with the tall red brown band th

Default The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)

Adolf Hitler’s – Leader of Nazi Germany Visor Hat

There can be no more recognizable hat during World War II than that of Adolf Hitler’s wartime gray visor hat with the tall red brown band this color indicating his political affiliation with the NSDAP. With the simple red cockade at the center amid a gold braid laurel wreath, the eagle and swastika above, the two gold gilt braided cords are still gleaming above the brown visor. Hitler liked to mix among the people and soldiers as a seemingly normal and common soldier, emblematic of his long struggle. While he had periods of bravado and resplendent uniforms that matched them, this was his preferred headgear, a historical survivor from one of the most evil dictators in world history, a powerful man and genius of a strategist who destroyed most of Europe. His famous hat-maker label inside the crown Hotlers-Uniformen Berlin W. 50 from the Robert Wilson Museum Collection

$250,000
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)   The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)  

The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)   The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)  

The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)
    P
    Many

"Hermann Göring’s Elaborate Nazi Reichsmarschall Visor Hat with Gold Gilt
    Hitler’s Reichsmarschall, head of the Luftwaffe and 2nd in Command of Nazi Germany
    One of the most powerful men in Nazi Germany, Hermann Göring was with Adolf Hitler from the very beginning. Wounded at the Beer Hall Putsch, the first leader of the Gestapo and at one time Hitler’s heir to the throne of his empire, he headed the German Luftwaffe, and was 2nd in command of Germany. Reichsmarschall Göring was an extremely powerful, and menacing figure, as well as the wealthiest Nazi Leader in Hitler’s Third Reich owning steel factories which he profited greatly from during the war. Known for his Art and eccentric Luxury items, he looted Art and Jewelry from across Europe. Beautifully made with a pure French silk liner unmarked but possibly made in Paris during the Nazi Occupation when Göring lived at the Ritz Hotel in Paris. A remarkable showpiece"
    $125,000
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)   The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)  

The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)   The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)  

& the visor of Feldbischof Franz Justus Rarkowski:

All three together:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Visor Hats of AH, Goring, and Feldbischof Rarkowski at Auction (for review & comment)  

thanks for the post Stonemint,have these been DNA tested.---------------lol

?

The holy grail trinity. Absolutely fantastic!

Some documentaries state that AH had metal...armour plating in his visors for extra protection.
    Is this a myth or based on reality?

Tricky one this ........... a massive leap of faith needed to believe any of these are original IMO.

That said I'd be interested to see the provenance on offer for these caps.

They could of course be all the real deal.

Just my opinion.

cheers

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Tricky one this ........... a massive leap of faith needed to believe any of these are original IMO.

That said I'd be interested to see the provenance on offer for these caps.

They could of course be all the real deal.

Just my opinion.

cheers

Tony
    "Use the Force Tony.....Let go.....Trust me...."
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That Hermann Göring cap looks terrible, are there any period photos of Dicke Hermann wearing that thing at all ??

Bob

OK, I will try to help out here:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast