Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Visor real or not

Article about: I am not a visor guy and this is the only picture I have and is in with a deal on 3 helmets. Any chance of been good?

Default Visor real or not

I am not a visor guy and this is the only picture I have and is in with a deal on 3 helmets. Any chance of been good?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor real or not  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor real or not
    P
    Many

Need better pictures but at first glance it looks to be ok. No chin strap, are there any signs of where the buttons should be to attach it to the cap. Check out the threads on this forum, you will be amazed at what you can lean from them. If you are thinking of collecting these visors, best invest in some books on the subject. I spent £180 on three books but they have saved me hundreds of pounds on knowing what to look for.
    Best of luck Steve.

Steve,
    Thanks for the reply. I will try to get better pictures. If the helmets are good and the visor is good I am trying to make a package deal.

The hat appears to be a good contract (issue) cap from the one pic.
    It will need a leather chinstrap and buttons.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Would you say that this is an earlier teleform style or is just the angle of the picture and my eyes?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If I can get better pictures and anyone is interested in the visor PM me. I am not interested in the visor but am trying to make a package deal and my be able to get it for someone.
    Marty

Quote by stonemint View Post
    The hat appears to be a good contract (issue) cap from the one pic.
    It will need a leather chinstrap and buttons.
    As ever, Mr Mint does not err. Your challenge is to find a chin strap that fits. Whammond sometime has these fittings, I think. I.e. Collector's Guild in Canada.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Would you say that this is an earlier teleform style or is just the angle of the picture and my eyes?
    Hello MAP,
    you are right, early shape, low crown, almost Tellerform (real Tellerform would mean - according to the Hempe book - circular top panel, 4 side panels the seams of which are of equal length) and, from what I can see, a Klappmütze as well. (For further details on the subject see here: Cap Making)

contract caps generally also have the makers and/or distributor stamps on the inside of the sweat band which will be worth a look. The real early caps also have , if you are lucky, the unit issue stamp in as well, plus even an owners name tag if you strike gold..............all these things add interest and some value to the cap and it's history.

Always look under the sweat band BUT be careful as they can tear easy .

cheers

Tony