Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Visors from Film & TV

Article about: Just watched a film I had not seen for decades: "Night of the Generals" with Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif. (The movie has held up very well over the years, and if you have not see

A few months back, Turner Classic Movies aired "Hotel Berlin," which was made in March of 1945. Due to the disintegration of the 3rd Reich at the time, the script had to be rewritten numerous times. The movie was cranked out in a few weeks. It dealt with the stories behind various military and political figures and what they were planning to do as defeat was staring them in the face. What was interesting was the fact that the hats and uniforms were all the genuine article. The "Gestapo" men wore the black SS uniform which was 100% genuine. There were two individuals wearing uniforms of the Diplomatic Corp. It is an interesting period piece and shows that Hollywood had a direct connection to the front lines to obtain the genuine article.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visors from Film & TV
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    In post #2, third picture down (don't know the actor, sorry). The Swastika on the KC is backwards.
    The late, great Donald Pleasence as the sarcastic, Schnaps-drinking General Kahlenberg (one of my favorite characters in this film).

It's not an error by the prop people: The photo is flipped.

A couple more from some favorite war films:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Regards,

Steve.

And who could forget....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Regards,

Steve.

One still from Downfall and one from Schindlers List

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV  
    Attached Images Attached Images Visors from Film & TV 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

One of my favourites is "The Train" ... I think the caps in this one stand a very good chance of being original !!

The Train is a 1964 war film directed by John Frankenheimer from a story and screenplay by Franklin Coen and Frank Davis, based on the non-fiction book Le front de l'art by Rose Valland, who documented the works of art placed in storage that had been looted by the Germans from museums and private art collections. It stars Burt Lancaster, Paul Scofield, and Jeanne Moreau.

Set in August 1944, the film, shot in black-and-white, sets French Resistance-member Paul Labiche (Lancaster) against German Colonel Franz von Waldheim (Scofield), who is attempting to move stolen art masterpieces by train to Germany. Inspiration for the scenes of the train's interception came from the real-life events surrounding train No. 40,044 as it was seized and examined by Lt. Alexandre Rosenberg of the Free French forces outside Paris.

Attached Images Attached Images Visors from Film & TV 

Maybe this was the one taken to Poland and hidden in a tunnel?

Sorry.... but I just couldn't resist!

"Heroes of Telemark":

Attached Images Attached Images Visors from Film & TV  Visors from Film & TV 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

nice thread enjoyed it.

"Kelly's Heroes": probably the first time I ever saw the panzer wrap in color.
    (Brian L. Davis was the technical advisor for the uniforms)

Visors from Film & TV  
    Attached Images Attached Images Visors from Film & TV  Visors from Film & TV 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast