Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Visors from Film & TV

Article about: Just watched a film I had not seen for decades: "Night of the Generals" with Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif. (The movie has held up very well over the years, and if you have not see

Mel Brooks in "To Be Or Not To Be" (1983), a remake of Ernst Lubitch's 1942 comedy classic of the same name.

Visors from Film & TV
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visors from Film & TV
    P
    Many

Hardy Kruger in "A Bridge too Far":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Michael Caine as Oberst Kurt steiner in The eagle has Landed , regards ,Paul
    Visors from Film & TV

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A few months back, Turner Classic Movies aired "Hotel Berlin," which was made in March of 1945. Due to the disintegration of the 3rd Reich at the time, the script had to be rewritten numerous times. The movie was cranked out in a few weeks. It dealt with the stories behind various military and political figures and what they were planning to do as defeat was staring them in the face. What was interesting was the fact that the hats and uniforms were all the genuine article. The "Gestapo" men wore the black SS uniform which was 100% genuine. There were two individuals wearing uniforms of the Diplomatic Corp. It is an interesting period piece and shows that Hollywood had a direct connection to the front lines to obtain the genuine article.
    Yes, I watched this one recently on TCM too, mostly filmed indoors, so not too many caps on view, but great original uniforms, and good fun to see where Hollywood placed some of
    the badges and awards on the various tunics. Storyline is rather antiquated now though I had fun watching it though

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Attached Images Attached Images Visors from Film & TV  Visors from Film & TV 

"Michael Caine as Oberst Kurt steiner in The eagle has Landed , regards ,Paul "

Yep, another of my favourites....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Attached Images Attached Images Visors from Film & TV  Visors from Film & TV 

Robert Vaughn in "The Bridge at Remagen":

Visors from Film & TV  

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Hardy Kruger in "A Bridge too Far":
    Must have felt a bit odd for Krüger to don that general's garb. The last time he had worn an SS uniform was as a sixteen-year old private in 1945.

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    "Michael Caine as Oberst Kurt steiner in The eagle has Landed , regards ,Paul "

Yep, another of my favourites....
    Excellent film, indeed. By the way, I have always felt that Donald Pleasence (yes, him again) delivered the best cinematic portrayal of Himmler ever in that movie, even though it is only a rather small part.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-25-2015 at 07:44 AM.

?

Many moons ago i used to part time moonlight in a costume hire shop which also supplied TV and film pieces , among the many different uniforms, mainly post war, there was an original German Artillery officers Cap and Tunic, all marked up etc, the shop owner would hire these out to either film or costume / fancy dress parties and it used to really rile me that invariably the cap would be returned with its peak hanging out or the crown crushed, i used to be the one who tried to repair the stitching every time, i even offered to buy the whole thing but he always refused, until one day only the cap came back, a short time later i could,nt find the cap either, i asked his son where it was and was told that it had been thrown out that morning, because it was yet again damaged.I knew that the bin men had,nt came yet so i rushed down into the refuse area and started climbing into the large bin container, i eventually found the cap minus the peak, I spent another half hour pulling rubbish out and found the peak, It was mine at last, i repaired the peak yet again and it remained in my collection for years until i sold it, you would,nt believe how many of these places have original items that are put out for joe public to wear

The 1949 Soviet film "The Fall of Berlin" featured much in the way of original material:

Visors from Film & TV  
    Attached Images Attached Images Visors from Film & TV 

Robert Shaw summoning his inner Jochen Peiper in 1965's "Battle of the Bulge":

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast